Michigan State Post-Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would be with you but since I have been unemployed i got in a habit of going to bed at 2am and sleeping until 11

That laugh was not about being unemployed, hopefully that situation resolved for you soon.  Was in that boat several years back and it is stressful.  One thing I did enjoy about it was not having that whole morning grind.   So enjoy the parts of it you can.  Maybe a silver lining to a dark cloud.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bronkonagurski said:

There isn't much to say at this point. At least I have my memories of when IU basketball was fun to watch and I can queue of videos of my favorite IU teams from the past. 

I have watched a lot of old games this last year and enjoy those a lot more than this team.

I’m really sad watching this team play. We’ve got really great kids that are easy to root for, and I really thought Archie was a fantastic hire at the time. But it’s just so obvious that for whatever reason it’s just not working. For everyone’s sake IU needs to move on and get this next hire right. We can’t go through a lame duck coach for a year. Something really needs to change. 

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That laugh was not about being unemployed, hopefully that situation resolved for you soon.  Was in that boat several years back and it is stressful.  One thing I did enjoy about it was not having that whole morning grind.   So enjoy the parts of it you can.  Maybe a silver lining to a dark cloud.

For the time being I am doing alright with the unemployment checks but those will be over in a few weeks unless they pass that stimulus bill.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would be with you but since I have been unemployed i got in a habit of going to bed at 2am and sleeping until 11

Been unemployed twice as an adult.  Same as you stay up late wake up late. Same times.  

Have you been applying for jobs?

Really just frustrating. We lost because we played like crap - literally didn't seem like we wanted the game and our best player just flat out no showed. 

But I will say, when guys have to get tackled on one end for a foul and they're calling "regular" fouls on the other, that sucks too. When we gave up the lead in the second half in a sequence of two possessions each team, Trey got body checked to the point of going out of bounds while cutting twice, then MSU scored, then Al drove and got hammered, then MSU hit a transition three where Hauser ran through Race as he cut him off from closing out. 

42 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

More so than in four minutes spurts here and there ....it used to be IU’s bad seasons were when we had this record or better but even then you could be proud watching them because they’d hustle the entire game whistle to whistle ....they took stuff personally they played with passion and even anger if necessary ...these kids are as apathetic a group as I’ve seen at the college level and they were either always that way and recruited anyways or arch simply can’t motivate people 

I dont like to criticize players that are running the coach’s offense.  But, i hate all the touchy, feely huddles and hand slapping after missed FGs and missed FTs.  It doesnt seem to really bother them to let games slip away.   

44 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

More so than in four minutes spurts here and there ....it used to be IU’s bad seasons were when we had this record or better but even then you could be proud watching them because they’d hustle the entire game whistle to whistle ....they took stuff personally they played with passion and even anger if necessary ...these kids are as apathetic a group as I’ve seen at the college level and they were either always that way and recruited anyways or arch simply can’t motivate people 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Really just frustrating. We lost because we played like crap - literally didn't seem like we wanted the game and our best player just flat out no showed. 

But I will say, when guys have to get tackled on one end for a foul and they're calling "regular" fouls on the other, that sucks too. When we gave up the lead in the second half in a sequence of two possessions each team, Trey got body checked to the point of going out of bounds while cutting twice, then MSU scored, then Al drove and got hammered, then MSU hit a transition three where Hauser ran through Race as he cut him off from closing out. 

The refs were laughably bad the final 3-4 minutes. Murders in the post and no calls  

1 minute ago, HoosierFaithful said:

The refs were laughably bad the final 3-4 minutes. Murders in the post and no calls  

I don't know how Izzo owns the refs the way he does with the way he speaks to them...Over the last twenty years I have seen him say some terrible terrible things to the refs...

Just now, mchenry34 said:

This is a very selective comment...he has taken blame several times over the last few games....

He takes blame more than most coaches. 

I think it's pretty clear things aren't working out with Archie, but the people that just invent things are so frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

It was terrible. Then on the other end, Aaron Henry can put his shoulder into guys chest who are playing solid defense and get bailed out with a call. It's a joke. 

2 minutes ago, John S said:

I dont like to criticize players that are running the coach’s offense.  But, i hate all the touchy, feely huddles and hand slapping after missed FGs and missed FTs.  It doesnt seem to really bother them to let games slip away.   

Totally agree ...nothing seems to ever bother them unless they are being taken out when they feel it’s undeserved or when they are being challenged and even then it’s a pouty reaction  not a fiery one.  I’ve never in my life heard a coach say “ we don’t really have an alpha player “ and even if that’s said I can’t imagine the next game or two players wouldn’t be out to show he’s wrong .  In this case it made the turtle go farther in its shell 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

It was terrible. Then on the other end, Aaron Henry can put his shoulder into guys chest who are playing solid defense and get bailed out with a call. It's a joke. 

In the second half of the UW and PU game there were like 27 fouls called.  UW usually never gets called for many fouls but they did tonight.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Probably 5-10 a day

Scott I gave a laugh response as well and made return comment buddy ...in my head I don’t know why but I automatically concluded you were alluding to a voluntary step back.  You didn’t say anything to suggest that it’s just the connection I drew so please don’t think anything I said was callous or rude I was mainly joking around and doing so with the from the wrong perspective so I apologize if I was offensive 

Archived