Michigan State Post-Game Thread

KDB

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched a lot of old games this last year and enjoy those a lot more than this team.

I watched the Kent st game the other night from 2002, we made like 8 shots in a row and i about passed out. Every kid on that team could shoot.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Scott I gave a laugh response as well and made return comment buddy ...in my head I don’t know why but I automatically concluded you were alluding to a voluntary step back.  You didn’t say anything to suggest that it’s just the connection I drew so please don’t think anything I said was callous or rude I was mainly joking around and doing so with the from the wrong perspective so I apologize if I was offensive 

I didn't take it that way and thought you was laughing since I sleep in so late

Just now, Indykev said:

I watched the Kent st game the other night from 2002, we made like 8 shots in a row and i about passed out. Every kid on that team could shoot.

That was an awesome game where we hit our first 8 or 9 3's in that game.  I think it was like 27-8 after 8 minutes

Have not read all of the posts here.  Just want to say that aside from not recruiting the right kids this is not Archie’s fault.  MSU gave them more than enough chances to win this game.  But when nobody can shoot worth a lick you just cannot beat anybody halfway decent.  Add to that the lack of a take over player and refs who completely took over the game and there was no chance.

Just now, IUguy said:

Have not read all of the posts here.  Just want to say that aside from not recruiting the right kids this is not Archie’s fault.  MSU gave them more than enough chances to win this game.  But when nobody can shoot worth a lick you just cannot beat anybody halfway decent.  Add to that the lack of a take over player and refs who completely took over the game and there was no chance.

I see an offense that doesn't put players in great position to score.  The announcers kept saying they need to get the ball into TJD but they didn't run much to get him open.  You can't just expect your guy to over power guys and just go in the post to get open by himself.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I live in Greenfield which is just east of Indianapolis.  It is funny someone else on here from Bloomington asked me the same thing.

If you were closer I would do everything thing I could to help you out. But Greenfield would be haul. 

I wish you luck, and will keep you in prayer. 

13 minutes ago, IUguy said:

Nah...it's Miller.  

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I rewatch that game almost every march. Honestly enjoy it more than beating Duke that year because revenge from the year before.

If Coverdale stayed healthy we would have had #6.

5 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Think it’s bad now ? Wait till you see what happens as the 2021 class advances with Perdue Illinois notre dame butler and northwestern all out recruiting us on in state kids 

Perdue?  Great, even the sausages are getting the best of us.  :coffee:

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

Hummel and Goodman hit on it the other day.  It's just absolutely mind blowing how bad our shooting is in year 4.

Coach dont remember who Trace was dropping the Fbomb on? Coach says the reason we are losing is because we are playing very good teams. Wow we cant beat good teams. This is the guy we are paying millions of dollars for him to manage   a playground. We are seeing the full fruition of the players union contract come to light before our eyes.  

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Hummel and Goodman hit on it the other day.  It's just absolutely mind blowing how bad our shooting is in year 4.

Not only is it mind blowing but it is painful to watch.  I have never in my life seen a team shoot so poorly in every facet of the game.  

What's worse is going to work the next day after a debacle like this, MID WEEK, mind you with nothing positive to look forward too. This week is going to be painful. I relate this to a bad sunburn on my back, shoulders and arms. It hurts all day no matter what you do or how much aloe you put on. The worst part is dreading going to bed in pain........Absolutely ZERO RELIEF!!! I'm just plain bitter!!!!

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

I’m actually really curious what the most shots in a row made by an Archie team is?  In big ten play at least. My guess would be a tops of 5

8 hours ago, IUguy said:

To me ...that is directly coaching ...as you mentioned he brought them here he’s responsible for their shooting out of the gate.  Second his offense puts them into positions to get their shots and third ( and most importantly ) this isn’t a new issue this year , it’s year four of a glaring issue.  He and his staff are responsible for player development and adjustments and there has been none.  To me it couldn’t be much MORE on the shoulders of the coach and staff 

Haven’t watched the last two games. I genuinely like the team and think they could be good to great. I also really like Archie and was jazzed about the hire. 

I’ve not participated in any of the dozen fire Archie threads, but I do think we need to change something. 

We can’t really change the players wholesale, so changing the coach might make sense at this point. I hate it, b/c it means starting over AGAIN, but I’m just not sure how we get back to top-tier B1G by continuing to do what we are doing. 

Really sad that it’s come to this, that’s all I say. 

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That big ten officials sucks

Hummel complained at length last night because the game had no offensive flow.  A big part of that was the number of fouls called.  It (among other things) made the game unwatchable.  8 fouls were called in the first 3 minutes of the 2nd half.  It was a joke.

5 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Hummel complained at length last night because the game had no offensive flow.  A big part of that was the number of fouls called.  It (among other things) made the game unwatchable.  8 fouls were called in the first 3 minutes of the 2nd half.  It was a joke.

Robbie Hummel usually does a really great job, but I think he was really out of touch with what was happening in the game last night. He called several shots "really bad shots" without noting that it was the end of the shot clock. He criticized players for "bad fouls" that were actually just horrendous calls. I have never seen a big ten game called the way the one last night was...it was as if the officials were trying to make a point of some sort. Hummel never clued in to the fact that the officials were causing the terrible flow of the game...

I also have a huge pet peeve about people saying that TJD doesn't get enough shots...

1) He got plenty of shots, but it doesn't count as an attempt if he is fouled, so that adds in another five attempts
2) He was in foul trouble in both halves so played less minutes
3) He was being double teamed much more in this game
4) He wasn't effective when he did get touches
5) He actually gets lots of touches, but he is so easily pushed off the block that he is constantly posting up sixteen feet from the basket

I just thought Hummel lacked insight into what was really going on....

2 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Robbie Hummel usually does a really great job, but I think he was really out of touch with what was happening in the game last night. He called several shots "really bad shots" without noting that it was the end of the shot clock. He criticized players for "bad fouls" that were actually just horrendous calls. I have never seen a big ten game called the way the one last night was...it was as if the officials were trying to make a point of some sort. Hummel never clued in to the fact that the officials were causing the terrible flow of the game...

I also have a huge pet peeve about people saying that TJD doesn't get enough shots...

1) He got plenty of shots, but it doesn't count as an attempt if he is fouled, so that adds in another five attempts
5) He actually gets lots of touches, but he is so easily pushed off the block that he is constantly posting up sixteen feet from the basket

He has to seem non biased as a commentator, but the longer our basketball program is slung through the mud and remains in turmoil. Really helps the Turdue cause. 

Watched the 1st half went to bed with a little bit of hope. At least I watched the first half this time instead of my 600 lb life. Once again I was taught if you have nothing good to say then keep my mouth shut. Thank you for the recap and once again not feeling even a little bad for not watching. I HATE THAT FEELING. I would much rather be ticked off or elated but those emotions with this program are in hibernation. I need something to wake the Bear

44 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

The third foul on Trayce, which I believe Hummel said was a bad foul by him and put Archie in a tough spot, was a horrendous call. 

TJD was getting boxed out, then Langford came flying in from the side/behind and landed on his back and they call a foul on TJD. I get that Langford has a hard fall, but that was not a foul. 

Archived