It's time...to get behind Archie Miller.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Rico, if we win the BTT I will come down and be your's and Tammy's house bit?? (that's what my wife calls me) for 30 days. 

That won't be necessary...just bring me about 100 small perch so I can stock my lakes with 'em.

4 hours ago, rico said:

Nothing but positive thoughts here.  

I will start:

meh

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Let's assume 3 things...1) Archie is back, 2) the roster stays intact, and 3) next season is normal(no covid).

How do you see us doing?

Can't answer that with "nothing but positive thoughts", but leaving out the negatives I come up with, we should be better record wise (overall and B1G). Overall, we'd have some non-conference cupcakes to bolster the record. B1G, with the roster intact, we get older/more experienced and some of the teams ahead of us would lose experience. Given our current standing (more teams in front of us than behind us in the standings) the odds that we move up are fairly decent.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

You really believe that?  JSMH

What ails this team is not going to fix itself.  We either need a talent infusion or a different coaching approach.  Sure, our freshmen may get better.  But, so will everyone else's. 

At the end of Crean's term, everyone said that with the roster he left behind it would take 3-4 years to get back where we need to be.  We're in the same position now unless something changes.  Does not mean Archie has to go (though I believe he has lost the team).  But, if he stays, we need a talent infusion more than just Duncomb and Stewart.   

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I think you as well. Stewart won't solve all the shooting issues and we will still be the only Big team with 2 post players that can't stretch the floor. Those are the 2 biggest offensive issues to me

No, I don't believe it.  

24 minutes ago, rico said:

Let's assume 3 things...1) Archie is back, 2) the roster stays intact, and 3) next season is normal(no covid).

How do you see us doing?

It depends on what other teams rosters look like.  If everyone that can come back does then we probably will finish between 7-10.

1 hour ago, rico said:

How do you see us doing?

A better record partially because we'd get more easy wins out of conference. In conference, we'd have a better record and higher finish (probably around the middle of the B1G) more because some of the teams ahead of us this year would be weaker (graduations/transfers/draft), not necessarily because we became a better team. Other than that, more of the same. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

How do you see us doing?

If all of those things happen and the other top players depart from the league, IU would be a top 5 team in the B1G. I mean Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and likely Michigan will all lose a lot after this year. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

How do you see us doing?

The same or worse than we are now. We need shooters and scorers and a really good point guard to get us into the offense faster and distribute the ball. Lander might solve the point guard issue but not the others. Archie was a pretty effective point guard in college and you would think that would be his strong suit. 

I believe in miracles.  Next year, with 2 more grad transfers, shooters start to hit, plays are made, Lander becomes a stud, TJD finishes every shot, pack line extends and contests every 3.  Dakich quits and joins a cult then takes over as head coach of Purdue.  Referees up in Wisconsin only call UW for fouls. OSU gets hammered by the NCAA for Gym Jordan etc. Izzo quits. Michigan basketball is only as good as their football. IU competes for the top of the B1G. Goes to the Elite 8 and the sky is the limit.  Banner time?

You heard it first here.  I never lie...and I always tell the truth.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What ails this team is not going to fix itself.  We either need a talent infusion or a different coaching approach.  Sure, our freshmen may get better.  But, so will everyone else's. 

At the end of Crean's term, everyone said that with the roster he left behind it would take 3-4 years to get back where we need to be.  We're in the same position now unless something changes.  Does not mean Archie has to go (though I believe he has lost the team).  But, if he stays, we need a talent infusion more than just Duncomb and Stewart.   

Ok...understood.  JSMH

I think "getting behind" a coach must mean one is optimistic about the future. At this point I am a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda person. If Stevens is hired I would half expect that the fan base will be collectively jumping of a bridge when we aren't miraculously back and he is considered another missed hire.  I want Archie to be the man, and am as ticked as I can be in terms of meaningless basketball that this problem is far beyond our current coach. There is no way that his time at IU accurately reflects his coaching acumen.

1 hour ago, IUDan93 said:

I think "getting behind" a coach must mean one is optimistic about the future. At this point I am a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda person. If Stevens is hired I would half expect that the fan base will be collectively jumping of a bridge when we aren't miraculously back and he is considered another missed hire.  I want Archie to be the man, and am as ticked as I can be in terms of meaningless basketball that this problem is far beyond our current coach. There is no way that his time at IU accurately reflects his coaching acumen.

Good post.

4 hours ago, madmax said:

If all of those things happen and the other top players depart from the league, IU would be a top 5 team in the B1G. I mean Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and likely Michigan will all lose a lot after this year. 

So much hinges on who stays and goes. Luckily Purdue of those teams doesn’t have a TJD/Dickinson/Ayo/Weiskamp situation where they could lose guys to the pros next year. 

Archived