It's time...to get behind Archie Miller.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A lot of kids leave early when they shouldn't

Don’t disagree. Would be surprised if Williams went that route though. Especially since he’s not on draft boards. 

Would hope he’d wanna come back and be the focal point of what should be a damn good team next year. 

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

He’s a lot better with way more potential than a lot of guys that go early.  There’s not much more he’s going to get out of college.  I think you’re dismissing this too easily. 

Winning the big ten and make a deep run in the tournament

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

He’s a lot better with way more potential than a lot of guys that go early.  There’s not much more he’s going to get out of college.  I think you’re dismissing this too easily. 

I tend to disagree. I feel like he has a really good college game but not sure it translates well to the league. Similar limitations as Swanigan but without the range and Biggie didn’t make it to his second contract. Hard for a 6’9 post guy without good athleticism to make it in the league. 

I really look at the situation as a recruiting problem and not an x’s and O’s issue. However, I do not fully get the “these are Archie’s guys” remarks. 2/5 of the starting line up are guys from his first year. These are players he was required to take because the previous coach had a turnover problem which left us academically vulnerable(Race may have been his because he entered school early). I love Al, but wonder if Archie would have recruited him. I think injury and players failing  to adjust (which may be coach related) is the biggest issue, followed by misjudging which player’s game will transition to the college game.  We have had injury to key players each of the past three years. Injuries which probably lead to more loses.  If I was Archie, I would bring in a shooting coach and adjust my recruiting.  The offense is creating open looks, we just need to knock down shots. I think Archie adjusts, and I think the University gives him the time.  I don’t see us walking away this year. Look forward to hearing others thoughts,  Go Hoosiers! 

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

you gotta stop all this Purdouche talk!  and we are really losing ground to the Fire Archie thread.  :(

I thought I had that Purdue talk nipped in the bud.  I give Boiler a pass but that Scott guy.....

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think 3 need 3 more wins to be a consideration.  A 2 and 1 record does not help much I don't think

well, if we're talking about the tourney, i agree.  i was tryin to be optimistic for Arch that that is the absolute minimum i can imagine that might give him 1 more year.  

If Coach is here next season, I will be pulling for him and the team to turn it around. I mentioned earlier that there’s a chance, though small, that a lightbulb could go on and Archie win 25 games next year and end up being a 20 year coach here. 

Just now, H00sier said:

If Coach is here next season, I will be pulling for him and the team to turn it around. I mentioned earlier that there’s a chance, though small, that a lightbulb could go on and Archie win 25 games next year and end up being a 20 year coach here. 

Would be great if it happened

10 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

My choices in order...

• Stevens ( nuff said)
  •  Beilien (older but let’s give him 4 years)
  • Matta (doubtful he will coach again)
  •  Martin (He has rough road past 4 years at South Carolina but still like him)
  • Alford ( done arguing about this one)
  • Fife/Lewis/Cheaney/Smart

uh, this is the get behind Archie Miller thread... your top 3 are solid with Beard and Drew as well.  your next 3... no.  

Archived