Armaan's Development - The behind the scenes story

Armaan Franklin is one of the most improved players in the Big Ten, and that development happened during an offseason full of obstacles.

Take a behind the scenes look at how it all came together for Franklin through the eyes of his family.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/armaan-franklins-freshman-to-sophomore-evolution-was-driven-by-his-family/

29 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

There's a glaring absence in that story: Miller and the coaching staff. Was that intentional to put the emphasis of the story on the hard work he and his family have put in on their own or was the coaching staff actually mostly not involved with his development?

I think this is a great question and with some of the things going on right now very pertinent.

I was reading a thread on BtownBanner and have no clue if true.  Someone said that they are friends of the guy who trained Franklin and RP. The friend said both guys didn't really like Archie but who know if that is true.  If they are unhappy then why would they stayed at IU.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was reading a thread on BtownBanner and have no clue if true.  Someone said that they are friends of the guy who trained Franklin and RP. The friend said both guys didn't really like Archie but who know if that is true.  If they are unhappy then why would they stayed at IU.

I saw that as well and was wondering the same.  That's what i was think this question was interesting as it would help debunk or confirm the possibility of that.

2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

There's a glaring absence in that story: Miller and the coaching staff. Was that intentional to put the emphasis of the story on the hard work he and his family have put in on their own or was the coaching staff actually mostly not involved with his development?

Thanks for sharing, @The Daily Hoosier.

This was the story of a highly unusual offseason where the players were off campus for more than 3 months.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Those things always need to be taken with a grain of salt. 

I was a 4-year starter in college (only share that to show playing time wasn't a reason to not like him) and if you had asked me if I liked my coach during that time you would have gotten the same response from me, some choice words. 

But after graduating, I always went back for my coach's annual fundraising golf event, went back periodically to catch up, had him and his wife at my wedding, and went to his funeral to pay my respects. 

Almost every athlete is going to complain about their coach in the moment. That doesn't mean every athlete really loves their coach, of course some players/coaches don't mix, but I always take these 2nd/3rd hand accounts with a massive grain of salt to not read too much into them. 

Archived