2021-Coaches on the hot seat.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Aside from Archie, who else is feeling the heat?

Pitino @ Minnesota?

Ewing @ Georgetown?

Prohm @ Iowa St.?

Miller @ Arizona?

Anybody else?

Honestly i thought they had already fired Pitino @ Minn.  I was shocked when i saw he was on the sideline.  I could have sworn he was fired last year.  

I'll just say a different kind of hot seat but our buddy across the Ohio is losing his fans more and more each day. Calipari will have to decide if he wants the headaches again because next year isn't looking any better. #1 ranked recruiting class my backside. 

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Add McDermott to the list too

I think he'll weather it...Saw this on ESPN this morn...

Bruce Rasmussen said in a statement. "Coach McDermott and the team have accepted that, effective immediately, he is suspended from all team activities, including Saturday's home season finale against Butler. Further sanctions remain under consideration, not all of which will be shared publicly.

"Coach McDermott and our Athletic program must use this incident as an opportunity for growth and learning, as clearly more work needs to be done."

McDermott apologized Tuesday for referencing a "plantation" to his players following a loss to Xavier last week.

"Specifically, I said: 'Guys, we got to stick together. We need both feet in. I need everybody to stay on the plantation. I can't have anybody leave the plantation,'" McDermott said.

McDermott said on Creighton's pregame radio show Wednesday -- before he coached the Bluejays against Villanova -- that he offered to resign over his comments. He said the players did not ask for him to resign.

"Our guys wanted me to coach, and that's my job," McDermott said.

After Creighton announced the suspension Thursday, McDermott took to social media and said he believed the school's decision was the right one.

"I made a mistake and I own it," he tweeted. "Mistakes come with consequences, and I accept and agree with the suspension."

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just say a different kind of hot seat but our buddy across the Ohio is losing his fans more and more each day. Calipari will have to decide if he wants the headaches again because next year isn't looking any better. #1 ranked recruiting class my backside. 

As a Celtics fan, I would take Cal in Boston.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Different type but a hot seat none the less.  It would be interesting to see who they got if that job opened up.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Different type but a hot seat none the less.  It would be interesting to see who they got if that job opened up.

That's the one thing I rather enjoy about UK fans and coaching searches. They don't even hold back on the arrogance. Their short list would probably be Billy D, Steve Kerr, and Popovich and they think all 3 would be idiots not to coach at UK.

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think he'll weather it...Saw this on ESPN this morn...

Bruce Rasmussen said in a statement. "Coach McDermott and the team have accepted that, effective immediately, he is suspended from all team activities, including Saturday's home season finale against Butler. Further sanctions remain under consideration, not all of which will be shared publicly.

"Coach McDermott and our Athletic program must use this incident as an opportunity for growth and learning, as clearly more work needs to be done."

McDermott apologized Tuesday for referencing a "plantation" to his players following a loss to Xavier last week.

"Specifically, I said: 'Guys, we got to stick together. We need both feet in. I need everybody to stay on the plantation. I can't have anybody leave the plantation,'" McDermott said.

McDermott said on Creighton's pregame radio show Wednesday -- before he coached the Bluejays against Villanova -- that he offered to resign over his comments. He said the players did not ask for him to resign.

"Our guys wanted me to coach, and that's my job," McDermott said.

After Creighton announced the suspension Thursday, McDermott took to social media and said he believed the school's decision was the right one.

"I made a mistake and I own it," he tweeted. "Mistakes come with consequences, and I accept and agree with the suspension."

I this coupled with the NCAA alleged allegations ... could just be enough.  Also - I feel like he’s rumored in every NBA job or other college jobs as if he has one foot out the door.  Maybe the school just thinks it’s time to part ways and this was the final straw. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the one thing I rather enjoy about UK fans and coaching searches. They don't even hold back on the arrogance. Their short list would probably be Billy D, Steve Kerr, and Popovich and they think all 3 would be idiots not to coach at UK.

Very true and they would get one of them as they value their basketball more than we do in the last 20 years sadly to say

5 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I this coupled with the NCAA alleged allegations ... could just be enough.  Also - I feel like he’s rumored in every NBA job or other college jobs as if he has one foot out the door.  Maybe the school just thinks it’s time to part ways and this was the final straw. 

Maybe...But what NBA player is going to respect him after those comments? John Beilein couldn't get another NBA job if he tried because of the "Thugs" ("I meant slugs!"} comment...

I think the admin wants to keep a coach that has kept the trend Dana Altman started of making Creighton basketball relevant...

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe...But what NBA player is going to respect him after those comments? John Beilein couldn't get another NBA job if he tried because of the "Thugs" ("I meant slugs!"} comment...

I think the admin wants to keep a coach that has kept the trend Dana Altman started of making Creighton basketball relevant...

I was just referencing the past few years he’s been linked to jobs.  Yes - this changes everything.   But as some  wise people on here have said previously “unless you’re fired for losing, you usually end up getting re-hired”.  

for instance, I’m sure Beilein and GGG can find a job right now if they wanted. Pitino got one, etc. 

Just now, Bustout said:

I was just referencing the past few years he’s been linked to jobs.  Yes - this changes everything.   But as some  wise people on here have said previously “unless you’re fired for losing, you usually end up getting re-hired”.  

for instance, I’m sure Beilein and GGG can find a job right now if they wanted. Pitino got one, etc. 

I think Beilein could definitely land another college gig...NBA? Not so sure...Pitino got canned for corruption and fraud...But I think any coach who makes a racially insensitive remark nowadays is dead in the water as far as an NBA job goes...

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Where's the hate button 🤣

I know right!!  There are salary cap issues he would have to deal with that I think would make him much less effictive.  He doesn't have those at UK.  He can pay his players whatever he wants. :coffee:

1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

I know right!!  There are salary cap issues he would have to deal with that I think would make him much less effictive.  He doesn't have those at UK.  He can pay his players whatever he wants. :coffee:

Cal can coach in the NBA.  Salary cap issues are the GM's problem.

37 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think Beilein could definitely land another college gig...NBA? Not so sure...Pitino got canned for corruption and fraud...But I think any coach who makes a racially insensitive remark nowadays is dead in the water as far as an NBA job goes...

True. Commissioner James will never sign off on Beilein or Greg McDermott. Doug McDermott is probably on double secret probation.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah maybe not nba - but these guys could get college jobs I would think.  

Archived