Transfers?

Do you think we have anyone transfer out after this year?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we have anyone transfer out after this year?

• Yes
    • No

Here's the thing that is different about this season than some others.  A couple of years ago, we all kind of knew that Damezi was not ever going to be a significant contributor to a Big Ten team.  And, last season, we weren't surprised when Justin transferred because of some of the external things with his family and such.  This season, there is not a single guy I can point to and say.....him.

I think that everyone on the team this year is capable of helping a Big Ten program.  Every player has something in their skill set that we need, because we lack guys that have the total package.  And, I'm excited about what guys like Leal and Geronimo can do in the future given the opportunity, even if they did not play much this season.   

I do hope that this thread does not slip into a 'this guy needs to be gone' type of thing.

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Here's the thing that is different about this season than some others.  A couple of years ago, we all kind of knew that Damezi was not ever going to be a significant contributor to a Big Ten team.  And, last season, we weren't surprised when Justin transferred because of some of the external things with his family and such.  This season, there is not a single guy I can point to and say.....him.

I think that everyone on the team this year is capable of helping a Big Ten program.  Every player has something in their skill set that we need, because we lack guys that have the total package.  And, I'm excited about what guys like Leal and Geronimo can do in the future given the opportunity, even if they did not play much this season.   

I do hope that this thread does not slip into a 'this guy needs to be gone' type of thing.

For some reason I can see RP and Jerome looking to transfer but hope they don't.  Smith is the only transfer we have had that has made much of a difference with their new team.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I don’t like starting rumors etc and I like all these kids personally but Rob and Jerome to me are by far the most likely kids to transfer. Rob is losing big minutes and will lose even more to Khristian and Jerome just doesn’t play the defense that Archie desires and he deserves to start somewhere.

There will be transfers, almost always is.  Race is going to graduate so he has the potential to leave. Al is done playing basketball, going to work on his clothing line.  Rob isn’t on course to graduate and actually still loves IU. Jerome I could see getting a fresh start elsewhere, but wouldn’t be shocked if he came back either.  TJD is about 99% gone.  Staff has known since last year that this was the case. Franklin, Lander, Galloway, Leal, and Geronimo will all be back for sure.

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

There will be transfers, almost always is.  Race is going to graduate so he has the potential to leave. Al is done playing basketball, going to work on his clothing line.  Rob isn’t on course to graduate and actually still loves IU. Jerome I could see getting a fresh start elsewhere, but wouldn’t be shocked if he came back either.  TJD is about 99% gone.  Staff has known since last year that this was the case. Franklin, Lander, Galloway, Leal, and Geronimo will all be back for sure.

I thought RP quotes in the post game the other night is telling about Race.  Asked about wanting to beat Purdue for guys like Al and Race since we haven't beat them while they have been here.  To me that sounds like race has been talking about leaving and wouldn't be surprise if he went to Minnesota

24 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Lander will start at PG, and two of Armaan/Stewart/Rob.   I actually thought Rob played better the other night not as PG.  

Im guessing we’ll see a lot more of that the next couple games if Al is struggling.   

I hope but it is way too late....Lander should have played a lot more.  He couldn’t have been much worse.

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Brunk?

50 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

I hope but it is way too late....Lander should have played a lot more.  He couldn’t have been much worse.

Personally, I was ok with Landers PT through the season and how he was handled. 

I REALLY question Leal though - especially after Galloway got hurt.   And really felt JG could’ve played more.     But I’m just a message board guy.  

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I should say, he’s planning on coming back.  If a coaching change happens, that may change things up a bit but I’m not sure

If Race transfers and TJD leaves then that front court will go from thin to almost non existent. You’re looking at Brunk and Duncomb with Hunter and Geronimo as guys than can play the 4 if Hunters back. Whether it’s Archie or someone else they’ve got some work to do on the transfer market. 

47 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

If Race transfers and TJD leaves then that front court will go from thin to almost non existent. You’re looking at Brunk and Duncomb with Hunter and Geronimo as guys than can play the 4 if Hunters back. Whether it’s Archie or someone else they’ve got some work to do on the transfer market. 

Rumor is that Greg Lansing will not be offered a new contract at IN State. Gregg Doyel wrote in an article that if that happens then Jake LaRavia would probably transfer. I wonder if there would be any interest either way. He was a 6'7" shooter in high school and is now supposedly 6'9". He's played mostly in the post but I believe Doyel said he's played some point forward too. It would be nice to have someone that big that's a threat from 3 and can handle the ball a bit although his 3 pt % is only 31% this year compared to 40.7% last year.

11 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Brunk?

Good question ... am curious whether the respondents here think that Brunk can help next year.  I realize he'd be something like a six year player, but he could also view it as his baskeball swan song.  I see some abilities at the college level, but at the risk of overstating the obvious, he's not a pro - not even overseas.

I appreciate all your thoughts ! 

10 hours ago, Purpose16 said:

Good question ... am curious whether the respondents here think that Brunk can help next year.  I realize he'd be something like a six year player, but he could also view it as his baskeball swan song.  I see some abilities at the college level, but at the risk of overstating the obvious, he's not a pro - not even overseas.

I appreciate all your thoughts ! 

i absolutely think he'd help.  he'd be a nice big off the bench if we're good.  if TJD is gone, everyone may want to start embracing that he'd be our starting 5?

22 hours ago, Lurker said:

Rumor is that Greg Lansing will not be offered a new contract at IN State. Gregg Doyel wrote in an article that if that happens then Jake LaRavia would probably transfer. I wonder if there would be any interest either way. He was a 6'7" shooter in high school and is now supposedly 6'9". He's played mostly in the post but I believe Doyel said he's played some point forward too. It would be nice to have someone that big that's a threat from 3 and can handle the ball a bit although his 3 pt % is only 31% this year compared to 40.7% last year.

Ehh I watch ISU a decent amount being close by. He’s a nice player, but he disappears at times in MVC games....who knows he could transfer and be a stud, but I don’t think he’d be a huge get. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

When was the last time IU didn't have a transfer?  

Get this is probably a joke, but it actually got me curious.

2017-2018 team surprisingly was the last one where nobody transferred, but I ended up looking at the past 10 teams and have the amount that transferred the following year if people are curious (21 total, 18 if you don't include preferred walk-ons)

19/20 Team - 2...Damezi Anderson, Justin Smith

18/19 Team - 3...Clifton Moore, Jake Forrester, Vijay Blackmon (preferred walk-on)

17/18 Team - 0

16/17 Team - 2...Curtis Jones, Grant Gelon

15/16 Team - 1...Harrison Niego (preferred walk-on)

14/15 Team - 6 (the car accident year)...Hanner Perea, Stanford Robinson, Devin Davis, Emmit Holt, Jeremiah April, and the artist formerly known as Max Hoetzel (remember hearing he changed his name to Max Montana for some reason)

13/14 Team - 5...Jeremey Hollowell, Peter Jurkin, Austin Etherington, Luke Fischer, Jonny Marlin (preferred walk-on)

12/13 Team - 2...Maurice Creek, Remy Abel

11/12 Team - 0

10/11 Team - 0

I was genuinely surprised there have been 3 (4 if you don't count preferred walk-ons) years we had nobody transfer the following year

Archived