Purdue game thread

Reacher

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Extremely smart man and he obviously knows how to run big organizations.  Talent like an elite CEO.

Indiana has the med school, law school, better business school, and better fine arts.  From an institutional perspective, Purdue beats them in every other area.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Indiana has the med school, law school, better business school, and better fine arts.  From an institutional perspective, Purdue beats them in every other area.

Yep...those little things like medical, business, law....and about 10 other programs that dwarf Purdue. Maybe we can create an academia thread and discuss. 

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Last time I saw rankings, overall they are considerably higher than us.   I think they are in the 50’s and we are in the 70’s.  We have an ineffectual board with mostly unqualified members and a President who defined bureaucratic waste and ivory tower incompetence.  The combination has run us into the ground.   

This game is squarely on the players to this point. Down 7, important possession, our best player misses a short jump hook and then can’t hit FTs, there have been numerous wide open 3s missed, missed shots in the lane, starting guards doing a lot of nothing. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep...those little things like medical, business, law....and about 10 other programs that dwarf Purdue. Maybe we can create an academia thread and discuss. 

Definitely didn’t mean to imply that those are insignificant things.  More just a comment that I think Purdue is a much better run institution.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Last time I saw rankings, overall they are considerably higher than us.   I think they are in the 50’s and we are in the 70’s.  We have an ineffectual board with mostly unqualified members and a President who defined bureaucratic waste and ivory tower incompetence.  The combination has run us into the ground.   

Other than that things are peachy keen, right?

Just now, AxnJxn said:

This game is squarely on the players to this point. Down 7, important possession, our best player misses a short jump hook and then can’t hit FTs, there have been numerous wide open 3s missed, missed shots in the lane, starting guards doing a lot of nothing. 

It’s definitely not all on Archie this game but still have to put players in positions to succeed.  Plenty of open shots missed but that’s by design from Purdue’s defense.  Archie recruited these kids also.

24 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Doesn't change the fact that guys like Durham, Phinisee, Hunter and Leal, who are D1 basketball players, need to make completely wide open shots.

I agree. But with Al and Rob, its frustrating Cam still thinks things will change.  These two are not the answer    

m

Archived