Purdue game thread

Reacher

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUwins0708 said:

It’s definitely not all on Archie this game but still have to put players in positions to succeed.  Plenty of open shots missed but that’s by design from Purdue’s defense.  Archie recruited these kids also.

For this game specifically, there's not much Archie can do. These are completely wide open shots being missed by D1 players. 

1 minute ago, John S said:

I agree. But with Al and Rob, its frustrating Cam still thinks things will change.  These two are not the answer    

m

Like I said, the biggest issue is not recruiting over those guys the last 2-3 years. That's the failure, not the design of the offense. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is sad that during an IU and PU game thread we are talking which school is better academically.

We could discuss that.....or we could read 90% of the posts not discuss the game and just say time to fire Archie? 

This is a 9 now 12 point game because Purdue has 2-3 players that have made 4 open shots. Amazing what hitting an open jumper can do to make an offense and coach look good.

It's like Davis was a genius back in 02. Had nothing to do with TC, KH, and DF hitting open shots.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

It’s definitely not all on Archie this game but still have to put players in positions to succeed.  Plenty of open shots missed but that’s by design from Purdue’s defense.  Archie recruited these kids also.

You can’t do better than giving Al a wide open three, and he can’t even draw rim. Again. You get your best player to the FT line, and he misses again and again. That’s not on the coach. Pretty sure these guys made these shots in high school. 

Just now, BGleas said:

For this game specifically, there's not much Archie can do. These are completely wide open shots being missed by D1 players. 

He is still the one to be held responsible for the W/L’s. If he needs better players, he should have recruited better. 18-22 year olds aren’t going to be the ones to take the fall for a 42 year old coach making millions. 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Purdue's defense is giving us the chippies knowing we'll miss them by design?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

We could discuss that.....or we could read 90% of the posts not discuss the game and just say time to fire Archie? 

This is a 9 now 12 point game because Purdue has 2-3 players that have made 4 open shots. Amazing what hitting an open jumper can do to make an offense and coach look good.

It's like Davis was a genius back in 02. Had nothing to do with TC, KH, and DF hitting open shots.

What i am saying is this program has sunk so low that nobody cares about an IU/PU game because we suck.

2 minutes ago, John S said:

I agree. But with Al and Rob, its frustrating Cam still thinks things will change.  These two are not the answer    

m

I have said for 2+ years that Archie’s infatuation with Durham will lead to his demise.  At most, Durham should get 6-10 minutes a game.  Good guy most likely, just not a good or smart basketball player

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

No matter what age group you teach, you still teach fundamentals!

I'm 5'10 and 175. You give me a week and I could get back into shooting 40% from 3 and 90% from the line like I did in high school. Us short guys couldn't do much but one thing we made sure of...was hitting the easy one's.

Just now, IU Scott said:

What i am saying is this program has sunk so low that nobody cares about an IU/PU game because we suck.

Oh I get it...just having fun. Trying to remember what that's like right now because just upset with the season again. The scary thing is IU is literally only down 10. Hit 2-3 open shots and this thing changes.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm 5'10 and 175. You give me a week and I could get back into shooting 40% from 3 and 90% from the line like I did in high school. Us short guys couldn't do much but one thing we made sure of...was hitting the easy one's.

I guarantee you that at their age I would be hitting a lot better from 3 and the line that the players on this team.

Just now, Feathery said:

He is still the one to be held responsible for the W/L’s. If he needs better players, he should have recruited better. 18-22 year olds aren’t going to be the ones to take the fall for a 42 year old coach making millions. 

Again, nobody is saying they should "take the fall", and I've said 6-7 times in this thread that Archie's biggest issue is not recruiting over Durham and Phinisee. 

But with that said, it's not like Durham, Phinisee, Leal and Hunter are missing contested shots because the offense sucks. 

They are missing completely wide open shots. These are D1 level basketball players. Durham has missed 3-4 3's where there wasn't a guy within 5 feet of him. 

At some point these guys need to make open shots or move on. 

Archived