Purdue Post Game

Inequality

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are all my "It's not Archie's fault they cant make shots" people when Rob Phinisee can take a game losing 3 attempt early in the shot clock of a winding down game and not get benched? There's zero accountability for what players do on the court.

They get to be as bad as they want and nothing ever changes. The same players are going to make the same unchecked, egregious decisions because they will always get their 30 minutes a game. I'm not even sure if Anthony Leal is on this team but I'm ENTIRELY sure Rob doesn't know what to do in game with <4 minutes left, for example.

I get it. This whole thing is a mess and the buck stops with CAM. But, i can’t help but think after watching this season that he’s going to do very well at his next stop, because in addition to his failures as a coach, this also seems like more a perfect storm of (1) a lack of players simply not executing or producing as expected and (2) some untimely injuries. Not making excuses, that’s just what i see on the court, and i feel like we’re going to miss out on a really good coach long term. 

i mean, take away the ethical aspect and if you told me these players were throwing games for gambling purposes, I’d have a hard time disproving that. 

Today was a stone cold lock.  If there was ever an obvious outcome it was today.  The only possible way IU can beat Purdue under Archie is luck where some of our guys get unconscious with their shot and Purdue can’t hit.  But that’s tough to envision because Purdue’s guards know they can score on IU at will.   

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

The only positive I could think of this game is that this was hopefully the breaking point for some boosters with deep pockets.

At the very least, we need to start a gofundme for a shot doctor because it's embarrassing for a D1 program to lack all fundamentals. 

I saw some where there is a gofundme to fire Archie

On a positive note....In one of Archie’s years we only played PU once so his record vs them is 0-7 instead of 0-8. Could always be worse! Looking forward to seeing the naysayers apologize when we win the BTT and go on a deep run in the tourney. 

In post-game interview CAM said we just couldn't knock down the shots.

Gee, he could've said that after every game the last FOUR years after every game.

Eric Suhr comments that you can't win games if the ball doesn't go in.  To bad CAM wasn't there to discover this truth.

Archived