Purdue Post Game

Inequality

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

Where are all my "It's not Archie's fault they cant make shots" people when Rob Phinisee can take a game losing 3 attempt early in the shot clock of a winding down game and not get benched? There's zero accountability for what players do on the court.

They get to be as bad as they want and nothing ever changes. The same players are going to make the same unchecked, egregious decisions because they will always get their 30 minutes a game. I'm not even sure if Anthony Leal is on this team but I'm ENTIRELY sure Rob doesn't know what to do in game with <4 minutes left, for example.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

The only positive I could think of this game is that this was hopefully the breaking point for some boosters with deep pockets.

At the very least, we need to start a gofundme for a shot doctor because it's embarrassing for a D1 program to lack all fundamentals. 

We absolutely can’t shoot 38 21 72 and hope to win competitive games ...by the way we were 36 10 50 going into the last two minutes before we hit some garbage buckets to make our numbers look better ( less terrible is probably more correct phrasing )  ....it’s not just leaving the players in the game , he recruited and has continued to develop them and their shooting and decision making has either stayed the same as the day they arrived or its regressed 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

We absolutely can’t shoot 38 21 72 and hope to win competitive games ...by the way we were 36 10 50 going into the last two minutes before we hit some garbage buckets to make our numbers look better ( less terrible is probably more correct phrasing )  ....it’s not just leaving the players in the game , he recruited and has continued to develop them and their shooting and decision making has either stayed the same as the day they arrived or its regressed 

And allows Rob and Al to loft tons of shots, hitting low % at the expense of Trayce and Jerome who made about 50%      Thats on CAM  A few games ago, he told Rob hes not expected to be a shooter, but needs to distribute and pla tough D   Rob has been shooting a lot more since then   Crazy coaching IMO 

2 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

At least Purdue covered the spread. 🤑🤑🤑  

The last time we beat them feels like it was in another lifetime at this point. 

I didn’t own a home, wasn’t married and didn’t have a child much less a 4 year old. 

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Change the locks to his office.

We need a new regime ASAP. This is unacceptable. 

12-14 in year four is self explanatory.  We don’t need an algorithm to conduct an analysis.  He is o-fer against his rival, including when the legend came back and all the ex players were there and the fans were jacked up.  He can’t beat top teams at all, as he’s something like (gulp)  2-22 combined against Purdue, Michigan, OSU, and Wisconsin.  He’s completely unreliable against the bottom feeders, particularly since we are one.  He cannot reliably protect home court.   In close, tough games down the stretch, his teams falter.  They are shrinking violets in the tough, competitive B1G.   That’s his record.  

I don’t think he’s a moron.  He knows that’s not going to work, and is fireable.  

The problem is, you hear a name like Andy Enfield today. ****!   

It's in a lot of people's financial interest for IU to be relevant in hoops.  It's in my personal interest to keep all things in perspective.  I was very happy when Crean's tenure came to an end. I know it probably needs to happen, but I will not be happy that CAM's is ending. For me it seems like a "what could've been" situation. In the end, I enjoy following sports, but can't allow myself, a grown-@$$ man, to worry too much about what happens.  I will try to enjoy the enjoyable, and let go of those things that mean to only bring frustration.   

The two scoring droughts were the game, no doubt about it.

However, as most of you want to suggest, I saw zero evidence of quit from any player or the coaching staff. None of the poor dynamics that many on here have insisted was the case.

Also, for all you guys who continue to downplay the significance of his absence, Joey Brunk would have had a major influence on the impact Eddy had in this game 

I'm not a hater, but it's hard to feel sorry for a dude set to collect either: A) another $3+ million if he's allowed to stay for another year, or B) A sweet $10 mill buyout if AD/alum take action. The last job I got canned from gave me a cardboard box to pack my stuff and payed out my unused PTO @ around $1000. This is just one of those situations where it's not working out. Break up before it becomes really weird, please. 

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

12-14 in year four is self explanatory.  We don’t need an algorithm to conduct an analysis.  He is o-fer against his rival, including when the legend came back and all the ex players were there and the fans were jacked up.  He can’t beat top teams at all, as he’s something like (gulp)  2-22 combined against Purdue, Michigan, OSU, and Wisconsin.  He’s completely unreliable against the bottom feeders, particularly since we are one.  He cannot reliably protect home court.   In close, tough games down the stretch, his teams falter.  They are shrinking violets in the tough, competitive B1G.   That’s his record.  

I don’t think he’s a moron.  He knows that’s not going to work, and is fireable.  

The problem is, you hear a name like Andy Enfield today. ****!   

Until this year he had a winning record v Michigan State. He beat Iowa twice this year 

Archived