Purdue Post Game

Inequality

Just now, BEKA said:

I'm not a hater, but it's hard to feel sorry for a dude set to collect either: A) another $3+ million if he's allowed to stay for another year, or B) A sweet $10 mill buyout if AD/alum take action. The last job I got canned from gave me a cardboard box to pack my stuff and payed out my unused PTO @ around $1000. This is just one of those situations where it's not working out. Break up before it becomes really weird, please. 

Yep I don’t feel bad for him. I got laid off to boost a stock price last April. I was just fine at my job.  Sure as heck didn’t get 3 years salary paid out. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The two scoring droughts were the game, no doubt about it.

However, as most of you want to suggest, I saw zero evidence of quit from any player or the coaching staff. None of the poor dynamics that many on here have insisted was the case.

Also, for all you guys who continue to downplay the significance of his absence, Joey Brunk would have had a major influence on the impact Eddy had in this game 

Brunk WOULD have made a big difference ...and no I didn’t see any major effort lapses in fact I even saw tjd show some emotion and call guys over to huddle and look engaged.  But that’s just a single recurring issue, we are consistently horrific in offensive execution and shooting.

When we play super hard all game sometimes we mitigate our lack of offensive consistency through effort and defense and we either win or don’t get blown out ....when we have loaded in effort on top of our offensive ineptitude is when we lose to lessor teams or get boat raced by good teams 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Until this year he had a winning record v Michigan State. He beat Iowa twice this year 

That’s greatly outweighed by the other points.  When it’s tough at the end, he can’t guide them to wins.  You’re a smart guy and entitled to your opinion, which I highly respect.  IMO, it hasn’t worked out.  

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Until this year he had a winning record v Michigan State. He beat Iowa twice this year 

Those were great wins but also makes me think WTF about the rest of those two seasons. If we had the talent to win those games why are we 10th in the conference each of those 2 years?

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder what Painter was saying to Archie after the game, good luck in your next job.  Maybe he is begging that Archie stays at IU for a long time

I think it was like a year or two ago I heard from someone on this board that opposing coaching staff say they hope Archie sticks around forever at IU. Basically that he is easy to prepare for and that they don’t respect his ability. If that was an actual quote it is telling. Didn’t believe it at the time...but I’m wondering now.

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Ryan Kline also said that Indiana’s offense under Archie is the easiest to defend in the big ten because it’s so simple.  He said the next closest wasn’t even close to theirs.

While I don’t disagree, I wonder why they are so comfortable classlessly taking a shot at IU.   What’s going on under Painter in their clubhouse that this kind of thing is deemed ok? 

3 minutes ago, NY hoosier said:

I know this won’t be popular, but we are simply no longer relevant in mens CBB. If IU wants to be taken seriously we need a whole new approach

I think we're right at the crossroad. Either we accept the perpetual mediocrity or we take 'Bama's approach and bring in a star coach. IU admin and BOT need to look in the mirror and ask themselves what they truly want. If the current status of IU men's basketball doesn't bother them, they should allocate significantly less budget to men's basketball and start spending a lot more for football and women's basketball. IU doesn't need to pay 3+ million/year to hire a mediocre coach, either let Archie take a paycut and give him a few more years or bring in another young up and comer for 1.5 million/year. Or if IU really wants to revive men's basketball, it needs to get into arms race and should be ready to spend 6 million/year. Spend more to make a lot more. I don't see there's anything good in the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many of our opponents have said this. Ayo said it, somebody else and now this.  

Could Archie problem just be that in the A10 teams couldn’t afford the number of scouts to prepare film for players?

The Big Ten has been considered the best recruited and game planned conference in the country. This is why some coaches struggle to succeed in it because they don’t prepare like the top teams do. 

7 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

But just wait until the Crean guys are gone...We will zoom all the way to 10th :)

I'm scared of what Miller will do without the last Crean recruit. Just look at the trend:

All Crean players -> 6th

Some graduate -> 9th

All but 3 gone -> 10th

1 Crean recruit -> 10th

All Miller players -> 14th?

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

While I don’t disagree, I wonder why they are so comfortable classlessly taking a shot at IU.   What’s going on under Painter in their clubhouse that this kind of thing is deemed ok? 

Maybe it’s just the truth?  They were asked questions and they gave their answers.  I’m sure it was meant to be a dig at IU, and I’m perfectly fine with it if it was.  You beat someone 9 times in a row and 7 under the current staff then you earned that right.  And again maybe he’s right since Ayo from Illinois basically said the same thing.🤷🏼‍♂️

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’s a rival...and you own them so bad why wouldn’t you just tell the truth. It  isn’t a burn when it’s just simply the truth. 

Archived