Purdue Post Game

Inequality

23 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

well... on the bright side, my son's team won the NC 3A state championship.  first in school history and he was named tournament most outstanding player!  helps with the pain of another loss to Purdouche.  

Congrats man!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Guess you either didn’t hear, or chose to ignore Hummel’s statement during the broadcast that, at some point, “the players just have to make plays.”

You might be surprised but I think we all agree that the players have to make the plays. They absolutely do, but after four years of this the CEO is going to catch a lot of blame. 

2 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

I don’t really get what his salary has to do with anything. He’s being paid an amount that is reasonable for the market he is in and the job he has. He’s just failing at it. I mean, do people actually think he’s just doing this for the salary?

Maybe not.  But, he was clearly signed to a contract that was too long and totaled way too many $$$ for a guy with NO head coaching experience at this level.  

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

Just think if we had beaten PU 9 times in a row. We, including me, would be insufferable.

IMO there’s a difference between a fan having friendly banter with friends and a player openly attacking an overly simplistic system of a rival.  The former is harmless and expected.  The latter is within their player/coach community and totally different. 

These are just my opinions.  If I were a coach I would shut down the latter as disrespectful.  The former is different in kind and totally fine to me.  

What happened here is a player essentially said the rival’s system is stupid.  Not a fan of that.  I would never tolerate that as I wouldn’t tolerate attacking a competitor by name.  There’s a principle here I’d want my kids to learn that’s applicable to the real world.

This is my last post on this because I’m not inclined to keep going on and on about it.  

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

IMO there’s a difference between a fan having friendly banter with friends and a player openly attacking an overly simplistic system of a rival.  The former is harmless and expected.  The latter is within their player/coach community and totally different. 

These are just my opinions.  If I were a coach I would shut down the latter as disrespectful.  The former is different in kind and totally fine to me.  

What happened here is a player essentially said the rival’s system is stupid.  Not a fan of that.  I would never tolerate that as I wouldn’t tolerate attacking a competitor by name.  There’s a principle here I’d want my kids to learn that’s applicable to the real world.

This is my last post on this because I’m not inclined to keep going on and on about it.  

So they were saying the same thing our fan base has said for years.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So they were saying the same thing our fan base has said for years.

That’s true.  I don’t even dispute the statement.  

I will say that if a vendor came to me and tried to sell me something and said his competitor had a stupid system, I wouldn’t buy from him.  If you think I’m alone on this, you guys would be mistaken.  The way you say it is “my system has this feature or that feature and is better because we focus on feature X and the competitor doesn’t have that feature. This is how it will help you.”

Similarly, if my player said Kentucky’s system was the easiest to crack that I have ever seen and no one is close, I’d teach that out of him.  Coach Knight would high five me on this because there is a real world component to this.

As 100% confident as you guys are in your view, I’m 100% positive in mine.  I guess that’s what makes the world go round. I don’t think you guys get my point so let’s move on.  No point in going on and on.  

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Didn't watch nor listen to the game.  I had a blast working around the farm.  Pretty good day sans blowing a hydraulic hose on my tractor.  

Did you get good weather?  The days seem longer and we’ve had some warm days and sun lately.   Love this time of year.  Great time as a 12 year old playing ball!  

56 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That’s true.  I don’t even dispute the statement.  

I will say that if a vendor came to me and tried to sell me something and said his competitor had a stupid system, I wouldn’t buy from him.  If you think I’m alone on this, you guys would be mistaken.  The way you say it is “my system has this feature or that feature and is better because we focus on feature X and the competitor doesn’t have that feature. This is how it will help you.”

Similarly, if my player said Kentucky’s system was the easiest to crack that I have ever seen and no one is close, I’d teach that out of him.  Coach Knight would high five me on this because there is a real world component to this.

As 100% confident as you guys are in your view, I’m 100% positive in mine.  I guess that’s what makes the world go round. I don’t think you guys get my point so let’s move on.  No point in going on and on.  

I 110% agree with you from a business perspective. If someone tried to sell me by downplaying/bad mouthing the competition etc I would not buy from that person and also would want to know what the competitor had to offer (ie what do they have that obviously threatens the person Trying to sell me).

In regard to this trail of posts....In my case I just glanced at a post and thought some PU guy was jawing because “little brother”, as we used to call them, has beaten “big brother” 9 times in a row and just thought...how sweet for them, can’t blame them, without even paying attention what was said, in what context etc. 

30 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Someone mentioned earlier they don’t expect to Ivey after next year. Don’t kill me, but he reminds me a lot of Oladipo. Amazing leaper, great finisher, and developing an outside shot. About the same size too. 

I think that’s a decent comparison. I think Ayo might be a better one tbh. 

Archived