Purdue Post Game

Inequality

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

One of my very favorite Twitter accounts. 

Oh, and I have nothing to say about today’s game as, like the previous two, I didn’t bother watching. 

Was busy reading the paper on the terrace and napping after a few beers. 

Lucky you. I thought it was a noon tip so I purposely took my daughter to the park...got back just in time for the game 😔...went from great day to crap. Was hoping to spare myself the pain.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m fascinated to see what they do with Williams, Edey, Furst, Kaufman and Wheeler.  Lot of mouths to feed.  Furst and Kaufman didn’t come to sit.  

Got Newman to redshirt last year. You don’t think the kids trust Painter to do what’s best for them?

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Speaking of which, I retract what I said about Williams last night.  You’re right, he’s not that impressive.  No way is he going pro. I apologize for being off.   

I mean he had an off game lol. He’s still one of the best bigs in the conference. 

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Good news bad news....good news season is over, bad news is next years team will be worse than this one.

dang.  i definitely think you could be right.  if TJD leaves, Brunk doesn't come back, and we don't have some big leaps, ugh!  on the other hand, i do think we could be much better.  

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

dang.  i definitely think you could be right.  if TJD leaves, Brunk doesn't come back, and we don't have some big leaps, ugh!  on the other hand, i do think we could be much better.  

I don't love where we're at and think a change is pretty necessary, there is also no evidence to support this even being possible, but with that said I would be somewhat intrigued if Archie came back to see him go nuts on the transfer market and bring in like 4-5 new guys to go along with Franklin, Lander, Geronimo, Stewart, and a few other guys. 

Like really raid the transfer market and get a handful of the top guys. 

Again, I fully understand there is no evidence that it is even possible or realistic. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't love where we're at and think a change is pretty necessary, there is also no evidence to support this even being possible, but with that said I would be somewhat intrigued if Archie came back to see him go nuts on the transfer market and bring in like 4-5 new guys to go along with Franklin, Lander, Geronimo, Stewart, and a few other guys. 

Again, I fully understand there is no evidence that it is even possible or realistic. 

The thing is you have to have an inviting program to get kids to want to come in. I don’t see any evidence that is the case...in fact I’d say you can argue it’s the opposite. I’m not even sure Stewart will ever wear candy stripes for us. 

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The thing is you have to have an inviting program to get kids to want to come in. I don’t see any evidence that is the case...in fact I’d say you can argue it’s the opposite. I’m not even sure Stewart will ever wear candy stripes for us. 

Agree, that's why I said there is no evidence to support it. But if he is back, I'd like to see him swing for the fences and make some big roster changes. Go get 4-5 transfers that are in his mold personality wise, or at least what we thought his personality was, and go down fighting. 

Clearly, you'd have to sell them on playing time. But enough of this "nice guy" stuff and lack of enthusiasm on the court. Go get a bunch of pit bulls on the transfer market to surround Lander, Franklin, Stewart, Geronimo, Hunter, and whoever else, and go down swinging. 

I don't think it's possible either, just trying to think of anything that could give me some hope and optimism should he return for another year. Just running it back with the same guys doesn't do it. 

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh really?

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Brunk on the radio said he wants to go to Law School some where next year. I dont think we will see him back. Al also gave me the vibe that he wouldn't be back either. Al owns a clothing company. Impressive for a college basketball player. He told Fish that he was excited to focus on that and if Fish ever needed him he was a phone call away.

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Brunk on the radio said he wants to go to Law School some where next year. I dont think we will see him back. Al also gave me the vibe that he wouldn't be back either. Al owns a clothing company. Impressive for a college basketball player. He told Fish that he was excited to focus on that and if Fish ever needed him he was a phone call away.

So there should be several open scholarships. Like I said, I'm not advocating for Archie to be back, just saying if he is then I'd at least want him to swing for numerous big transfers as opposed to just trying to run it back with basically the same squad minus TJD and Durham. 

If he's back, he's going to have to add several difference makers/key rotation guys via the transfer market. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

So there should be several open scholarships. Like I said, I'm not advocating for Archie to be back, just saying if he is then I'd at least want him to swing for numerous big transfers as opposed to just trying to run it back with basically the same squad minus TJD and Durham. 

If he's back, he's going to have to add several difference makers/key rotation guys via the transfer market. 

Rather see a new coach and they bring in the transfers.  also we get a coach from another school maybe some of hos recruits could come along.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Rather see a new coach and they bring in the transfers.  also we get a coach from another school maybe some of hos recruits could come along.

I understand that, we almost all would prefer that, I'm just saying if he is back then for me to have any level of excitement he's got to make some pretty big roster changes and hit the transfer market really aggressively. 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

With IU's transfer in rules lets hope for the best.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:52 PM, dgambill said:

I think it was like a year or two ago I heard from someone on this board that opposing coaching staff say they hope Archie sticks around forever at IU. Basically that he is easy to prepare for and that they don’t respect his ability. If that was an actual quote it is telling. Didn’t believe it at the time...but I’m wondering now.

I posted a conversation I had with a friend that was an assistant on a BIG team. Partly CAM partly administration.  Knows most of the teams play in the gray area and IU won't allow that. Also like you said prep is easier than other schools. He also said Howard will great and thinks Painter very very under-rated. In short he would not be unhappy to see CAM at IU forever. By the way that conversation took place right after Howard was hired if I remember correctly 

On 3/7/2021 at 2:36 PM, BGleas said:

I understand that, we almost all would prefer that, I'm just saying if he is back then for me to have any level of excitement he's got to make some pretty big roster changes and hit the transfer market really aggressively. 

It’s the only way this thing will turn around fast. Need to hit on a couple difference maker transfers. Specifically bigs and another shooter probably. Could I interest anyone in Justin Powell?? Think he would look real nice next to Lander and Armaan.

Archived