Big Ten Tournament

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yah, this is about as good a draw as we could ask for to make a run. Yes, I'm still holding on to every last thread of hope that this team can do something. It also likely spares CAM the indignity of losing to Purdue three times in a season, so I guess that's something.

We were a PSU comeback away from an even better draw. If MD had not let that game slip through their fingers at the end, we would have had them in first round...

We have not shown anything in the two Rutgers game to suggest that we can beat them. They are a bad match-up... 

My only hope of a run lies in the fact that the "pressure" making the tournament is over (i.e., it would require winning the BTT).

Maybe we can come out loose, have a little fun, and surprise some people. Personally, I love the players on this team and think if they could enjoy themselves again, they can win a couple games.

How is this for good signs but eventually a bad one. We know how it difficult it is to beat a team 3x in a season. With that information I expect us to beat Rutgers, Illinois....get to 14-14 and people are saying hey....we might be moving into bubble territory again only to get beat by either Sparty or Purdue to nix the 3x in one season myth. 

I did find Turgeon's comments interesting today. He said yep...9-11 in conference and no question in his mind they are a tourney team.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Rutgers isn’t that good, but IU made them look better than they are. They haven’t beaten a team above them in the B1G since December. Unfortunately, they’re more physical than skilled and IU plays scared against them. 

We made most teams look good.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Minnesota finished the game on a 12-0 run to win 51-46.  Both teams shot poorly from the field and the line and wonder if it had anything to playing in the Dome.

Marcus Carr was terrible until crunch time...

Tre Williams had a good game. Williams and Jamal Mashburn Jr kept Minnesota out front while Carr struggled...

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Marcus Carr was terrible until crunch time...

Tre Williams had a good game. Williams and Jamal Mashburn Jr kept Minnesota out front while Carr struggled...

Carr played some of the most minted per game of any player in the B1G. This is the second game in a row that he has struggled. Can’t help but think that it’s catching up with him 

Hoiberg has put this team of misfit parts together.  

Dude can coach ball.  Had we been looking that year he would have been a top option.  I think he settled way to soon with the Huskers.  They have spent the money out there though, top notch facilities.  He has a 5 star kid coming next year.  He is only just beginning.  

Archived