Big Ten Tournament

45 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Hoiberg has put this team of misfit parts together.  

Dude can coach ball.  Had we been looking that year he would have been a top option.  I think he settled way to soon with the Huskers.  They have spent the money out there though, top notch facilities.  He has a 5 star kid coming next year.  He is only just beginning.  

If another Big12 job opens or really another good job somewhere else, i wouldn’t be surprised if he sniffs around.   

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man watching this PSU and Nebraska game and there is just a lot of horrible offense being ran.  It just seems like the offense today is just 20 seconds of nothing and fake offenses to try to get a shot at the end of the clock.  To me your offense should be ran where every pass, cut, screen and movement is to produce a shot. I just can't understand coaches today why they run such idiotic half court offense.  You just see guys either standing or if they move it is just to to another spot on the floor 

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Man watching this PSU and Nebraska game and there is just a lot of horrible offense being ran.  It just seems like the offense today is just 20 seconds of nothing and fake offenses to try to get a shot at the end of the clock.  To me your offense should be ran where every pass, cut, screen and movement is to produce a shot. I just can't understand coaches today why they run such idiotic half court offense.  You just see guys either standing or if they move it is just to to another spot on the floor 

Maybe the computers don't lie.  Colgate put on a clinic scoring 105

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would bet that Iowa St will come open and Hoiberg could go back home

Or a school like Arizona.  Great job. Conference has like 3 good teams each year.   That’s life.  Ride the sanctions out for 3mm+/year.  Sign me up. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Saw Wyoming scored 111 tonight.  It seems like it is a struggle for big ten teams to reach 70 points 

What offense do you like?  The shorter shot clock seems to affect some coaches and others either shoot a ton of 3s or just score in transition?   In today’s game - what is a good “system” offense?   

For instance - people say the motion offense can’t really be run anymore with the shorter clock. 

8 minutes ago, Bustout said:

What offense do you like?  The shorter shot clock seems to affect some coaches and others either shoot a ton of 3s or just score in transition?   In today’s game - what is a good “system” offense?   

For instance - people say the motion offense can’t really be run anymore with the shorter clock. 

I think the 30 second clock had ruined offenses in college basketball.  I also blame analytics some ad well because it eliminated half the floor you have to defend.  I find it funny that scoring and shooting was way better before the shot clock and the 3 point line.  I also think coaches micro manages to much and it makes players like robots.

I want a free flowing offense where you run the ball up and not walk it up.  I want player movement and ball movement with off ball screens and eliminate the ball screen or dribble handoff because it brings to many defenders to the ball.  I want great floor spacing because it takes out defenders out of the lane.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think the 30 second clock had ruined offenses in college basketball.  I also blame analytics some ad well because it eliminated half the floor you have to defend.  I find it funny that scoring and shooting was way better before the shot clock and the 3 point line.  I also think coaches micro manages to much and it makes players like robots.

I want a free flowing offense where you run the ball up and not walk it up.  I want player movement and ball movement with off ball screens and eliminate the ball screen or dribble handoff because it brings to many defenders to the ball.  I want great floor spacing because it takes out defenders out of the lane.

Also people need to watch the best teams under RMK and most of their shots came in the first 15 seconds of the clock.  If you can teach it the correct way and get players to execute it then you can run it.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also people need to watch the best teams under RMK and most of their shots came in the first 15 seconds of the clock.  If you can teach it the correct way and get players to execute it then you can run it.

If shooting within 15 seconds is a thing of beauty I’m not sure why you think the 30 second clock ruined the game.

5 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

If shooting within 15 seconds is a thing of beauty I’m not sure why you think the 30 second clock ruined the game.

Because of the way coaches run their offense with all the fake movement.  Also the 30 second clock eliminated any kind of diversity in offenses.  Also on offense you can swing the ball side to side more than once so it is hard get the defense out of position.  Before the shot clock teams played at a faster pace than they do now.  Coaches could coach different kind of styles so there was plenty not variety in the styles of play.  The 30 second clock had made everyone the same and it tends to be boring.

So many commentators on the big network so biased against the Hoosiers. Now they are calling Indy our home floor. Just as much Purdue's home floor than ours. Just a comment to make a loss look worse. Just a way to drag a program lower. Just a way to keep a program down that so many and even many in our own camp want to keep down. Hire an Indiana person for president of the university that has the best interest of Indiana at heart. Fire all international leaders at our university and make it personal again. Seems as though IU was so concerned making the Hoosiers into a national and international brand and yet we never get any good players from other countries.  

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Saw Wyoming scored 111 tonight.  It seems like it is a struggle for big ten teams to reach 70 points 

https://bigten.org/stats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2020

Huh. Per this, 11 of the 14 teams in the conference averaged over 70  a game. 4 averaged over 75.

I know you watch a lot of basketball, but the statistics don't bear out on your statement here.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Man at halftime they interviewed Izzo and he went off about the refs and Maryland having 16 free throws to MSU 3.

I didn't get to watch the first half...did he have a legit beef?

BTW, MSU shot 5-8 from the FT line...

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Because of the way coaches run their offense with all the fake movement.  Also the 30 second clock eliminated any kind of diversity in offenses.  Also on offense you can swing the ball side to side more than once so it is hard get the defense out of position.  Before the shot clock teams played at a faster pace than they do now.  Coaches could coach different kind of styles so there was plenty not variety in the styles of play.  The 30 second clock had made everyone the same and it tends to be boring.

OK. I think I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to go back to no shot clock when teams were able to go into the UNC 4 corners “offense”.  Being able to run 1,2,3 minutes of clock was very boring basketball. Horrible.

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't get to watch the first half...did he have a legit beef?

BTW, MSU shot 5-8 from the FT line...

No. Maryland was driving all game, and Sparty was trying to play too physical. That’s all they have this year. This game, the refs actually called it. Unfortunately, after his T, the refs have let them foul more without calling it as much. 

Archived