Big Ten Tournament

32 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Absolutely. Extremely proud of the effort today even in a loss. 

In general, I don't believe in moral victories, but PU players can take this game as such. They could learn a lot from this game and build upon for the upcoming tournament. Good luck to you guys!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Depending on the draw I could see a S16 run for sure. I think PU is a tough match-up for non BIG teams on short turn around

Yep I think it’ll be interesting to see. Assuming we’re on the 4/5 line right now. Maybe a small chance at a 3 if we made it to Sunday but that’s gone now. 

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

IU?

Purdue?

Michigan?

Northwestern?

Penn State?

Slippery Rock?

Haha, Slippery Rock! Where did you pull that one from? I played them twice a year for 4 years. They were like a wrestling team on a basketball court. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Haha, Slippery Rock! Where did you pull that one from? I played them twice a year for 4 years. They were like a wrestling team on a basketball court. 

LOL.  Slippery Rock was a school name that caught my attention way back in the 1980's.  I've been using them in situations like this for the last 40 years.  

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

LOL.  Slippery Rock was a school name that caught my attention way back in the 1980's.  I've been using them in situations like this for the last 40 years.  

Thats so funny. We were in the same division of our conference. 

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

McConnell grabbed Curbelo by his huevos and got a flagrant 2...ouch!PXL_20210313_013052278.thumb.jpg.00ee99c4fe9c0f333d86d520d741d896.jpg

I think that is at least two flagrant 2 fouls I saw today.  The other one was in the UT and Florida game where a Florida player purposely elbowed a UT player in the face.

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Did you watch michigan today because it was magic and their 2 best players scored 6 combined 

Yes...but I also saw Illinois take the Wolerines apart by 23 in Ann Arbor a couple of weeks ago...without Ayo...

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Did you watch both games yesterday?  Who looked better?  

Yeah, I watched them both. Michigan struggled early...the were down by like 12 at one point...but they came back and took the lead right before halftime, and the 2nd half was all Michigan...

Illinois just beat Rutgers from tip to buzzer... Rutgers tried that swagger stuff to intimidate them like they did us, but Illinois has some swagger of their own...up 13-20 the whole way...

It'll probably be a better game than the first time they met, but I think Kofi has the big kid's number and the Illini can matchup with Livers and their guards...Wagner has to show up big for Michigan to win I think...

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I absolutely hate saying this, but the Whinin Illini are playing the best basketball of any B1G team...

Without question. Was texting with some friends last night who are Illini fans and I told them they've entered the unfriendly/unrealistic world of March expectations. Anything less than a Final 4 from that team is going to be viewed again unfair....as a failure. Much like our 2013 team. 

Archived