Big Ten Tournament

Just now, BGleas said:

So deflating and sad to hear Jim Nantz open the Big Ten telecast a minute ago with "Welcome to Indianapolis, the center of the college basketball world for the next month!"

Just a disappointing and massive lost opportunity for IU basketball. 

We we still have a chance if like 30 teams come down with Covid in the next 24 hours

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Michigan will probably still get the 1 seed but without Livers whoever the 2-4 seed is in their bracket should be very happy. When you take someone out of the lineup like him....you just aren't as good. Shame for the kid and their players. Howard and Michigan fans not so much.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I know Michigan will probably still get the 1 seed but without Livers whoever the 2-4 seed is in their bracket should be very happy. When you take someone out of the lineup like him....you just aren't as good. Shame for the kid and their players. Howard and Michigan fans not so much.

They've struggled offensively in the 2nd half...he would have made a difference...

But hats off to OSU...their confidence is high and they're playing well on both ends...

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They've struggled offensively in the 2nd half...he would have made a difference...

But hats off to OSU...their confidence is high and they're playing well on both ends...

A good point guard, a good shooter/slasher two guard, a good work horse guy down low...and a whole lot of role players = a good team for a pretty underrated coach.  JMHO

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

This was bound to happen ... actually surprised it took this long.   What did Michigan have to gain this week??     Why not just mail it in, play walkons and backups and just bow out early?   Maybe they drop a seed ... at worst.  

I understand teams need these tourneys to actually get in ... but for teams locked in - not sure it’s worth losing one of your best players.   

10 minutes ago, Bustout said:

This was bound to happen ... actually surprised it took this long.   What did Michigan have to gain this week??     Why not just mail it in, play walkons and backups and just bow out early?   Maybe they drop a seed ... at worst.  

I understand teams need these tourneys to actually get in ... but for teams locked in - not sure it’s worth losing one of your best players.   

I remember one year that UC was going to be a #1 seed but Keynon Martin broke his leg in the conference tournament championship game.  They new he was out for the whole tournament and they dropped them to a 2 seed.

Watching all of these games this week I think the biggest difference I see from IU compared to the other teams is confidence.  I see players making plays and just going on instinct and I players look like they are thinking before making plays.  I see a lot of players going up for shots with confidence it will go in but IU hesitates.

Archived