Big Ten Tournament

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again another terrible display at the end of clock execution.  PSU is on a 17-2 run to cut it to 75-74 and got the ball back with 25 seconds and no timeouts.  Their PG Sessoms dribbled out the clock for 18 seconds and passed it to another guard but gave it right back to him.  They never got the ball inside the 3 point line and threw it away with 1 second to go.  Why don't coaches run plays at the end of the game instead of hoping a guy can beat his man off the dribble.

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why does IU not have smart basketball players like Wisconsin's Davison.  Literally called a split second timeout, diving out of bounds, making a steal, with .3 seconds

Well from a psychological perspective Brad is approximately 26 years old so his prefrontal cortex is fully developed allowing for improved decision making abilities. Is that the Wisconsin model?

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why does IU not have smart basketball players like Wisconsin's Davison.  Literally called a split second timeout, diving out of bounds, making a steal, with .3 seconds

Well that TO shouldn't been allowed since a few years ago they stopped people from calling timeout when they didn't have two feet on the floor.

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Michigan vs Maryland about to tip off. Who you all got? I’m thinking it’s going to be closer than expected in the beginning but Michigan pulls away in the last 5-8 minutes

Eli Brooks isn't playing...I still think Michigan comfortably...Maryland has no answer for the big kid...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Eli Brooks isn't playing...I still think Michigan comfortably...Maryland has no answer for the big kid...

Yep Brooks is playing. They said pregame that he was expected to be game time decision but showed up without a boot and showing no lingering effects of the injury.

Just now, Inequality said:

Yep Brooks is playing. They said pregame that he was expected to be game time decision but showed up without a boot and showing no lingering effects of the injury.

That's what I get for not scrolling down the Google search...All of the reports yesterday had him out...Scroll blow those and the tweets say he's playing...

And I'll stick with the Wolverines...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's what I get for not scrolling down the Google search...All of the reports yesterday had him out...Scroll blow those and the tweets say he's playing...

And I'll stick with the Wolverines...

Yeah I think the idea of him playing even caught Maryland off guard according to how surprised the commentators were.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

This Mike Smith kid for Michigan is a straight baller.  

14 points, 14 assists, 5 boards so far

UM always has great point guard play.  i also remember going through the transfer portal last year and wanted IU to go after Smith.

Archived