Big Ten Tournament

10 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Michigan has it going on. I like the Smith transfer kid. They have so many working pieces and loads of swagger.

So to that point...

Last year, Livers, Wagner, Brooks, Davis, and Johns were all on the team...That team finished 10-10 in the B1G in 10th place, and 19-12 overall...

They lost Xavier Simpson, their leading scorer and 2 time All Big 10 second team selection, and their second leading scorer, Jon Teske...

They replace them with a freshman, Dickinson, and 2 grad transfer, Chaudee Brown and Mike Smith...

Besides that, what changed? 

They gained experience...

And in our league, that means a lot...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Michigan will have a tough go with Ohio State next but I think it’s Michigan and Illinois in the B1G championship game.

Depending on the path as to the degree of difficulty, I say Michigan has the goods to win it all in the NCAA.

I think they would handle OSU easily.

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Michigan will have a tough go with Ohio State next but I think it’s Michigan and Illinois in the B1G championship game.

Depending on the path as to the degree of difficulty, I say Michigan has the goods to win it all in the NCAA.

Don't be surprised to see OSU lose today to PU

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think they would handle OSU easily.

The Wolverines won by 5 at Columbus, and OSU has been on the downswing for 2 weeks...Lost 4 in a row (against the top echelon of the B1G save MSU) and had to hold on for dear life against Minnesota yesterday

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So to that point...

Last year, Livers, Wagner, Brooks, Davis, and Johns were all on the team...That team finished 10-10 in the B1G in 10th place, and 19-12 overall...

They lost Xavier Simpson, their leading scorer and 2 time All Big 10 second team selection, and their second leading scorer, Jon Teske...

They replace them with a freshman, Dickinson, and 2 grad transfer, Chaudee Brown and Mike Smith...

Besides that, what changed? 

They gained experience...

And in our league, that means a lot...

Experience is great...but it means nothing if you aren’t improving as players. Did senior Al give us anything more than junior or sophomore Al? Did Devonte Green give us much more? Did another year help Rob improve? Is Jerome Hunter that much more improved? Is TJD improved. I’ve seen a couple kids show signs. I saw Race flash some...I saw Armaan flash some...but by the end of the year not sure a single kid on the roster was playing better than they did in the first couple weeks of the season. If I had seen a habit of making kids better throughout the year and from one year to the next I’d have high hopes..but I haven’t. Hoping this disappointment kicks these kids in the butt and they get motivated to never play like this year again.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Haven’t played in a week plus it’s always hard to beat a team 3 times. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

I think Painter will have them ready. You match up well with them. Size on the wings and your front court is much bigger than theirs. That said If shots don’t fall...well anyone can lose.

Just now, dgambill said:

Experience is great...but it means nothing if you aren’t improving as players. Did senior Al give us anything more than junior or sophomore Al? Did Devonte Green give us much more? Did another year help Rob improve? Is Jerome Hunter that much more improved? Is TJD improved. I’ve seen a couple kids show signs. I saw Race flash some...I saw Armaan flash some...but by the end of the year not sure a single kid on the roster was playing better than they did in the first couple weeks of the season. If I had seen a habit of making kids better throughout the year and from one year to the next I’d have high hopes..but I haven’t. Hoping this disappointment kicks these kids in the butt and they get motivated to never play like this year again.

My thought is that through hard work, Al had already reached his ceiling...he just wasn't talented enough...Devonte Green? He was always going to be what he was...A straight up killer shooter who could lose you a game just as quickly as he could win you a game...And, as I said, basketball, like a lot of things in life, is a game of confidence...Rob, for some reason, has lost his...Maybe in the off season he can get it back...

And, yeah, I think Jerome did improve some, particularly on the defensive end...I think he'll be a valuable piece next year...Trayce improved his scoring average by 5 ppg...And Armaan, before he got hurt, was becoming All B1G material...

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Just listened to Turgeon's presser after the game. Evidently there had been bad blood between the two programs in the previous two games they played this year. Turgeon mentioned the banner comment, saying it never happened. He said he just told Howard "don't talk to me."

53 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just listened to Turgeon's presser after the game. Evidently there had been bad blood between the two programs in the previous two games they played this year. Turgeon mentioned the banner comment, saying it never happened. He said he just told Howard "don't talk to me."

Kind of funny Turgeon brings up banners coming down. He was on 1988 KU championship and the school went on probation the next year.

Archived