Rutgers Pre Game Thread (BTT)

IUFLA

Where: Lucas Oil Stadium 

When: Thursday, March 11th @ 6:30 p.m. EST on BTN 

IU lost by 4 to them at home, and by 11 at the RAC.

Myles Johnson is the best defensive big in the conference, and we know that when Baker and Harper have their confidence, they can bury you fast.

I hope Armaan can play...that'll help, but we need good games from Rob and Al too...I'm not sure all 3 have played a good game together all year...

Let's pull together and get a W here...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Can’t imagine this is finally the year we get it together in the big ten tournament huh? 😂 

That would be wild.  Extremely unlikely.  Like the most unlikely thing to happen in college basketball this year.  

Didn't a trash SEC team get crazy hot somewhere around 2014?

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

That would be wild.  Extremely unlikely.  Like the most unlikely thing to happen in college basketball this year.  

Georgia was it?

I know NC State wasn't going to make the tournament in 1983 unless they won the ACC Tournament...Survive and advance...

And the rest is history...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Georgia was it?

I know NC State wasn't going to make the tournament in 1983 unless they won the ACC Tournament...Survive and advance...

If Archie pulls off a magical run and turns this thing around, I will apologize and many will too and the dude would become a legend.  

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Georgia was it?

I think the time Georgia won the SEC tournament was the year that a tornado hit the Georgia dome during a game.

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If Archie pulls off a magical run and turns this thing around, I will apologize and many will too and the dude would become a legend.  

Not gonna happen. I think Archie has lost the team and it won't be a pretty game. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see any enthusiasm or desire to win and no lose. 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Where: Lucas Oil Stadium 

When: Thursday, March 11th @ 6:30 p.m. EST on BTN 

IU lost by 4 to them at home, and by 11 at the RAC.

Myles Johnson is the best defensive big in the conference, and we know that when Baker and Harper have their confidence, they can bury you fast.

I hope Armaan can play...that'll help, but we need good games from Rob and Al too...I'm not sure all 3 have played a good game together all year...

Let's pull together and get a W here...

Armaan is a gamer, but I very much doubt that he plays.  He has the bad ankle that comes and goes and now he has the bone bruise on the other foot.  I read achilles tendon was possibly involved.  Really don't want to see him play.  CAM also said he wasn't responding well.  He's only been shooting. 

Just my small opinion. Shooting in an almost empty LOS is going to be a tad different. I say the same thing with each game with our team. TJD/Race heavy. 30 shots combined and hope we don't miss 7-8 layups....or 3-4 front ends of 1/1.

Would love to see a run from us...just because how close we've been all year long.

Rutgers just isn't a good matchup for us.  Probably one of the worst 3-4 matchups in the conference.  Michigan, Purdue, and possibly Ohio State are probably the others.  We actually may have been better getting the 11 seed.  Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa to get to the semi-finals.  Based on what happened during the regular season, that may have been doable.    

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I guess I don't follow IU basketball like I did 3 weeks ago.  So it's confirmed Race and Armaan are out again?

Game time decision on both from the latest TDH article...Race sounds like more of a go than Armaan, but neither practiced this week...Race has the nose and the ankle problems...

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Game time decision on both from the latest TDH article...Race sounds like more of a go than Armaan, but neither practiced this week...Race has the nose and the ankle problems...

I knew he had been playing with the nose and think he even had surgery on the nose and still played the Purdue game.  Pork chop ordered up a few chops on him early in the game, kid should have been given a clear flagrant one for flying across the lane and forearming Race straight in the chest, right in front of the ref.  That was not a basketball play.  

I'm always surprised with ankle injuries.  I guess it is based on the individual and their history.  One kid will turn it and you think, oh that's bad and he comes right back in and it's never mentioned again.  Another kid, appears a small tweak and they are out 3 weeks.  I've blown up my ankles so bad that a gruesome turn would be nothing for me, guess my ligaments are stretched out.  It looked to me like Race was having the trainers tape him back up and he was going to give it a go, then he never came back in and I quit paying attention if he stayed on the bench or went to the locker.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I knew he had been playing with the nose and think he even had surgery on the nose and still played the Purdue game.  Pork chop ordered up a few chops on him early in the game, kid should have been given a clear flagrant one for flying across the lane and forearming Race straight in the chest, right in front of the ref.  That was not a basketball play.  

I'm always surprised with ankle injuries.  I guess it is based on the individual and their history.  One kid will turn it and you think, oh that's bad and he comes right back in and it's never mentioned again.  Another kid, appears a small tweak and they are out 3 weeks.  I've blown up my ankles so bad that a gruesome turn would be nothing for me, guess my ligaments are stretched out.  It looked to me like Race was having the trainers tape him back up and he was going to give it a go, then he never came back in and I quit paying attention if he stayed on the bench or went to the locker.  

He did come back in briefly, but waved back out quickly...couldn't have been but a minute or 2...you could tell he just couldn't go...

15 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was thinking UConn when they ran through their tourney all the way to a NC.  It was a crazy ride to watch that

Archived