Rutgers Pre Game Thread (BTT)

IUFLA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It was crazy and improbable don't get me wrong.  But who is our Shabazz Napier and Kemba Walker?

Oh yeah i don't disagree.  I just felt like it was one of those weird years where UConn came out of no where from how they had played throughout the season.  But yeah, it doesn't hurt to have 3 NBA players on your team. Don't forget they had Lamb as a freshman too.

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Oh yeah i don't disagree.  I just felt like it was one of those weird years where UConn came out of no where from how they had played throughout the season.  But yeah, it doesn't hurt to have 3 NBA players on your team. Don't forget they had Lamb as a freshman too.

Dang.  I think that was the last year of the true Big East they had something like 12 teams getting a tournament that year it was crazy. They didn't have a fantastic regular season record because of difficulty of schedule. Also it was 2009 Mississippi state that went on that crazy run in the SEC tournament wound up as a 13 seed.

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

It was crazy and improbable don't get me wrong.  But who is our Shabazz Napier and Kemba Walker?

Well, Cooper Bybee does have an Offensive Rating over 125, projects to 40 points per 40 minutes of playing time. and has a Player Efficiency Rating that would trail only Luka Garza nationally if he qualified.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/indiana/2021.html

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Well, Cooper Bybee does have an Offensive Rating over 125, projects to 40 points per 40 minutes of playing time. and has a Player Efficiency Rating that would trail only Luka Garza nationally if he qualified.

Impressive! I like that he goes 0 for 20 from the field but 40 for 40 from the line to get his 40pts. TS% of 51.3% with an eFG% of 0%. He's a...

Unicorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

We have been sitting on gold with him and the legend of Parker Stewart.

I’ve missed the last three games b/c YouTubeTV is throttling my access to my brother-in-laws account. he lives in Detroit and I kept getting the “are you traveling, you will lose access to live TV on Feb 25th” message. 

I think I can still watch them recorded, but don’t have a lot of faith that we beat Rutgers. They are just a bad matchup for us. 

I’ll be hoping for a win, but not expecting it. 

Just now, addictedtoIU said:

Only one point loss? Kenpom’s too generous to us. With key players out and low team’s morale, it would probably be a double digit loss.

Agreed. Pure analytics aren't going to account for a lot of things going against us like 5 game losing streak, Race and/or Armaan being out, team morale, etc 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Fire it up gang. The run begins. We don't lose to a team 3x in same season so we beat Rutgers tonight, Illini tomorrow night, get Wiscy on Saturday which will be a tourney invite game for us. We'll be 14-14 headed into Saturday. Plenty of Quad 1 wins. 

I'll have what you're having

I'll have what he's having (link in desc) - GIF on Imgur

Even though we never do well in this tourney I have always been excited and hopeful, This year not even a little bit. Man i hate this feeling. Ayden wants to go to the local auction tonight so I will be doing that instead of watching Rutgers kick our behinds for the 3rd time this year.  I would think you could go a decade at IU without losing 3 times to Rutgers but I guess not. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Well lets see...get off to slow start,miss several easy shots,go 4 -20 from 3,TJD says the f word in the huddle, Lander shoots an air ball..ok enough..63-58 Rutgers 

After the game we just couldnt get it going. We had a hard week of practice just could not get the ball to drop. I thought we played hard but Rutgers is a great team and you have to give them credit, their guys stepped up and made some plays and we just came up short

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

After the game we just couldnt get it going. We had a hard week of practice just could not get the ball to drop. I thought we played hard but Rutgers is a great team and you have to give them credit, their guys stepped up and made some plays and we just came up short

Spot on!

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Are you really Archie in disguise? LOL

Archived