What if....

27 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Sports are full of “what if’s”, but...

What if Scott May hadn’t broken his wrist in 75?

What if Alan Henderson hadn’t injured his knee in 83?

What if CTC had even the slightest idea how to attack the Syracuse zone in 2013?

We’d be chasing banner #9 instead of #6!

What if Hulls hadn’t injured his shoulder against Temple in ‘13

What if Coverdale doesn’t sprain his ankle in the tourney or if Haston doesn’t go pro?

27 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Sports are full of “what if’s”, but...

What if Scott May hadn’t broken his wrist in 75?

What if Alan Henderson hadn’t injured his knee in 83?

What if CTC had even the slightest idea how to attack the Syracuse zone in 2013?

We’d be chasing banner #9 instead of #6!

If we win banners in scenario 1 and 2, I doubt Crean is here for scenario 3.  Just my opinion but if Knight had 5 titles under his belt with the most recent being in 1993, I don't think Brand would have had the opening to fire him in 2000.  

26 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If we win banners in scenario 1 and 2, I doubt Crean is here for scenario 3.  Just my opinion but if Knight had 5 titles under his belt with the most recent being in 1993, I don't think Brand would have had the opening to fire him in 2000.  

You’re correct Henderson’s injury was in 93 not 83, so yes, Brand may not have been able to fire Knight and Crean may never have been hired.

Welcome to “Back to the Future”.

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What if Ivan Renko had been real?

Yes, we would have had a pipe line of great players from Eastern Europe.  Our nickname would no longer be the Hoosiers but the "Slavs West".  We would now have 18 national titles.

Anything I missed?

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

One I dont see hardly, what if Jay Edwards stayed 4 years. 

Piggy back on this. The 92 and 93 teams come up alot. That 90-91 team was Big 10 champions and 29-5. Lost in the Sweet 16.  If Jay Edwards stayed 4 years, banner #6. 

If it wasn't for bad luck and RMK being who he was, the man could have won 6-7 championships, without a Sam Gilbert in his pocket.  

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Piggy back on this. The 92 and 93 teams come up alot. That 90-91 team was Big 10 champions and 29-5. Lost in the Sweet 16.  If Jay Edwards stayed 4 years, banner #6. 

If it wasn't for bad luck and RMK being who he was, the man could have won 6-7 championships, without a Sam Gilbert in his pocket.  

Are you saying  RMK being who he is is why Jay left?

Archived