Rutgers BTT Game Thread

Reacher

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felt good about how we were saying at the under 8 timeout but said at that time I was worried about not having a larger lead.  This is just a repeat of the last game against Rutgers.  We just can't sustain success or effort thought the game and just don't have that killer instinct.  It is so frustrating seeing what this team is capable of doing but just can't put it all together to be a good team.

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Maybe it’s just me but these kids seem to play so much better playing at a higher speed. When they have to slow down and think they start to.... 

totally agree. It seems like our play-style makes us play tight when it’s not totally working. Missed shots lowers our confidence like crazy, drawing lots of fouls but we can’t hit free throws adds stress plus ruins the flow of the game. And we exert so much effort on defense that pays off half the time. It’s gotta be tough out there. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Felt good about how we were saying at the under 8 timeout but said at that time I was worried about not having a larger lead.  This is just a repeat of the last game against Rutgers.  We just can't sustain success or effort thought the game and just don't have that killer instinct.  It is so frustrating seeing what this team is capable of doing but just can't put it all together to be a good team.

We’ve been up double digits before to them. Rutgers is a streaky team. Just have to limit their runs by forcing contested shots because they will go cold. Just have to make the last run be our run.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Get back going inside to Trayce...and Rob and Al need to get back to the Rob and Al of the first 10 minutes...

When they actually run plays for Trace and cross screen to get him open they look good.  It is when he just goes in the post and just tries to back his guy down is when we get in trouble

5 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Maybe it’s just me but these kids seem to play so much better playing at a higher speed. When they have to slow down and think they start to.... 

because teams aren’t in position to defend when we push the ball. They are out of position and playing on their heels. We need that to take advantage of space and get open looks. As people have said when we run our offense in the half court set...we are too predictable and don’t have athletes that can take their man off the dribble (which this offense works best with). They lock in and help because they know what is coming.

Archived