Rutgers Post-Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to stop watching at about 10 minutes left with the score 48-49. I got back and watched again at about 1 minute left. In that time IU scored 2 points from FT. The season ends with a whimper on a scoring drought and 6 game losing streak. Seems appropriate.

I feel like this game was a perfect summary of Archie's tenure here.  Everything we've seen as issues the last 4 years happened in this one game.  Struggled shooting 3s (2-16), terrible FT shooting (6-15), terrible finishing strong around the rim, let the other team get hot from 3, played soft, walked the ball up the court when down late, and ended the game with a 10 minute field goal drought.  Seems like this has to be the way Archie goes out.

I’ve defended Archie and this system a lot, but I mean, it kinda is on the coach if it’s the same issues for multiple years. Recruit players that don’t completely wilt on wide open shots, or that can shoot FTs, or finish inside 2 feet. Or, hell, just hire a shrink. Do something. Anything. We’ve watched the exact same movie for 4 years now.

This was embarrassing to watch, and the optics at the end were just awful. Mentally, this is one of the weakest teams I’ve ever seen. 

Well, blame the players, coaching, administration or all three.  In the end this losing streak sealed Archie’s fate.  If not I will be severely disappointed.  Our AD is about to set the tone for what he expects out of IU basketball and I am looking forward to seeing that vision.  I hope it works out.  Can’t get much worse.

I watched the entire game because no matter what, I love IU basketball, and I appreciate the work that these players put into practice and games. And I will miss it when it’s gone. I’m disappointed with the outcome, especially because they showed such fun play that first half. I am getting a tiny bit slammed on Twitter for saying I’m not a fan of the boos 😂, but I’m just not.  It’s just distasteful to me. It was great to have fans there and hear them cheering. I’ve so missed that. I will really miss  Al - such a JOY to watch him play!! To hear all of the accolades people have shared about him is a testament to his character.  Looking forward to what comes next for IU!  

And the men’s season may be over, but the women are kicking it! (Even with a loss tonight; they’re a great team!)

2 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I watched the entire game because no matter what, I love IU basketball, and I appreciate the work that these players put into practice and games. And I will miss it when it’s gone. I’m disappointed with the outcome, especially because they showed such fun play that first half. I am getting a tiny bit slammed on Twitter for saying I’m not a fan of the boos 😂, but I’m just not.  It’s just distasteful to me. It was great to have fans there and hear them cheering. I’ve so missed that. I will really miss  Al - such a JOY to watch him play!! To hear all of the accolades people have shared about him is a testament to his character.  Looking forward to what comes next for IU!  

And the men’s season may be over, but the women are kicking it! (Even with a loss tonight; they’re a great team!)

I honestly don’t blame them for booing. I know it’s not good for the players, but I just can’t blame them. I really hope Dolson saw that though. The first time we play in front of fans and they boo us off the court. May that will get the administration’s attention. I really like Archie, he’ll look at my pic, it’s been there since day 1 of Archie, but it’s definitely time for a change!

Archived