Rutgers Post-Game Thread

KDB

10 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I watched the entire game because no matter what, I love IU basketball, and I appreciate the work that these players put into practice and games. And I will miss it when it’s gone. I’m disappointed with the outcome, especially because they showed such fun play that first half. I am getting a tiny bit slammed on Twitter for saying I’m not a fan of the boos 😂, but I’m just not.  It’s just distasteful to me. It was great to have fans there and hear them cheering. I’ve so missed that. I will really miss  Al - such a JOY to watch him play!! To hear all of the accolades people have shared about him is a testament to his character.  Looking forward to what comes next for IU!  

And the men’s season may be over, but the women are kicking it! (Even with a loss tonight; they’re a great team!)

I guess neither team can play in the BTT

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Fisch interviewed Mike Roberts post-game.  He sounded like the world just ended.  Fisch mercifully cut the interview short.

Archie's done.

Lander didn't play at all.  Anyone no what's going on there?

No but I seen Lander glare at Arch right near the end of the game. Stick a fork in him. 

8 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Fisch interviewed Mike Roberts post-game.  He sounded like the world just ended.  Fisch mercifully cut the interview short.

Archie's done.

Lander didn't play at all.  Anyone no what's going on there?

No but I seen Lander glare at Arch right near the end of the game. Stick a fork in him. 

In no way should this be a primary factor but if Dolson is on the fence, in regards to what he should do, hearing the boos certainly did not help Archie’s cause. The boos painted a clear picture of what it could be like in the Hall (with near-empty balconies) next year.
A clean break would be good for all concerned and I wouldn’t be surprised if the players would be relieved if a change was made.

Just now, 5fouls said:

I didn't get to watch the game until the very end.  Unfortunate that the fans were booing so strongly.  Maybe it was all directed at Archie, but the players may not interpret it that way.  Booing unpaid athletes is just wrong.  

I agree but my guess (admittedly only a guess) is that the boos were directed at Archie and maybe a way of letting the AD know how tired people are of IU having mediocre (at best) seasons. 
I do feel bad that the players, as you stated, may have interpreted the boos as being directed at them.

In any case, in year 4 the ship is sinking and rapidly taking on water.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I didn't get to watch the game until the very end.  Unfortunate that the fans were booing so strongly.  Maybe it was all directed at Archie, but the players may not interpret it that way.  Booing unpaid athletes is just wrong.  

Agree. People booed Rob Phinisee for missing a free throw. I realize the booing was about a lot more than that one shot, and a lot more than just him. But RP doesn't deserve that.

79-215/13-74/52-79

anyone ever see a 4 game slash line like that from an iu team ?!  ( ok an iu team NOT coached by Archie Miller )  End of Two seasons ago and early last I became very critical of our inconsistent shooting, carelessness with the basketball, lack of assists, and poor fundamental play.  Each game it was evident I was talked out of it by someone on here saying “ It isn’t a coaching issue “ Or “ our kids CAN shoo” or “but they are playing less than 100%”

can’t really cover it up at this point, when you recruit kids who can supposedly shoot and they not only don’t improve, they possibly regress , that’s indicative of major coaching problem either from an evaluation perspective, from a developmental perspective, or both.  IU needs to go back to recruiting basketball players instead of picking the best athlete in the gym.  As a caveat, I will certainly accept athletic basketball players 

3 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Agree. People booed Rob Phinisee for missing a free throw. I realize the booing was about a lot more than that one shot, and a lot more than just him. But RP doesn't deserve that.

No, he doesn't.  He was trying to make the free throw, just like anyone else that would have been on the line representing IU would have been trying to do.  People say "Don't blame the fans for the state of the program".  Well, I'll say when they do stuff like that, you can.

35 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

I honestly don’t blame them for booing. I know it’s not good for the players, but I just can’t blame them. I really hope Dolson saw that though. The first time we play in front of fans and they boo us off the court. May that will get the administration’s attention. I really like Archie, he’ll look at my pic, it’s been there since day 1 of Archie, but it’s definitely time for a change!

I understand. I really like Archie, too, and agree with you. I just put myself in their place, and I can’t boo. 

7 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Rob may not deserve booing over one FT, but he gave lots of reasons to boo through the season. I defended him as much as I could be he is the biggest disappointment of the season. No reason for his lack of development and inconsistency. In fact, saying he is inconsistent is putting it nicely. A complete no show far too often for a junior.

I swear I have never seen a fanbase or fans on this board.....tear a player or players down to shreds all season or seasons long....but come to their defense when booing happens. That's some next level passive aggressive narcissistic type of bi-polar thinking there. 

2 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Rob may not deserve booing over one FT, but he gave lots of reasons to boo through the season. I defended him as much as I could be he is the biggest disappointment of the season. No reason for his lack of development and inconsistency. In fact, saying he is inconsistent is putting it nicely. A complete no show far too often for a junior.

No.  He didn't deserve to be booed.  A more appropriate way of getting his attention would have been for Archie to start Lander in his place.  I believe every one of those players tried and that they cared.  If they weren't giving full effort, then that should be addressed by using the bench.  You don't boo for missing a free throw, or for any other mistake made on the floor.  If he's a professional athlete go for it.  but, not a college player.  

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I swear I have never seen a fanbase or fans on this board.....tear a player or players down to shreds all season or seasons long....but come to their defense when booing happens. That's some next level passive aggressive narcissistic type of bi-polar thinking there. 

Should never go after the players or boo them but I bet UK fans are as bad

Archived