Rutgers Post-Game Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Rob may not deserve booing over one FT, but he gave lots of reasons to boo through the season. I defended him as much as I could be he is the biggest disappointment of the season. No reason for his lack of development and inconsistency. In fact, saying he is inconsistent is putting it nicely. A complete no show far too often for a junior.

It's completely fine to think Rob is not good enough. Frankly he hasn't been. But that's not a good reason to boo him.

My opinion on Rob is that he's reasonably talented and a hard worker. He's also been completely stuck inside his own head for a long time now. He's clearly aiming it when he shoots. I've been there as a player and a shooter, and it sucks. If your goal is for IU to win, booing a guy going through confidence problems is not helping anyone.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I swear I have never seen a fanbase or fans on this board.....tear a player or players down to shreds all season or seasons long....but come to their defense when booing happens. That's some next level passive aggressive narcissistic type of bi-polar thinking there. 

I'll take exception to that perception since I'm being vocal about the booing.  I don't think I've ever 'torn down' the players.  Yes, I've said things like Galloway and Race should not be shooting threes, was critical of Hunter for getting suspended, and have suggested Archie should use the bench to get people's attention.  That's not tearing a player down.  I've never questioned a player's effort or desire to win.  I've never said 'Player so and so' should transfer.  I've never called a player a bum.  And, not too many people on here do.  At least not among regular posters.  

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I swear I have never seen a fanbase or fans on this board.....tear a player or players down to shreds all season or seasons long....but come to their defense when booing happens. That's some next level passive aggressive narcissistic type of bi-polar thinking there. 

Should never go after the players or boo them but I bet UK fans are as bad.  I would hope the fans show some class and don't go on to social media and go to players twitter account and get on them.  they chose to play at IU and have put way more into the program than we have.  This year has been very hard on them where they haven't left the campus to go home since the summer.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Should never go after the players or boo them but I bet UK fans are as bad

So ripping them in secrecy is ok on message boards or twitter or whatever....but voicing your displeasure in public in plain view is wrong? Just curious is all. I'm never a booing the player guy ever....but I can also understand frustration. Problem is at games people don't know if booing is directed at players or coaches or program or McRobbie,etc...

I'm torn in how I feel after this game.

Sad

- The season is over so no more IU basketball until next season.

- IU is a pretty bad team and has been for some time.

- No NCAAT when the whole thing is being held in Indiana.

Happy

- The season is over so no more IU basketball until next season.

- It won't be long until we find out the fate of this coaching staff. Hopefully, there will be a change.

- No more watching IU lose for at least 8 more months.

What is going on with this site because I have tried to get into the forums and kept getting kicked out.  I will get made fun of again but after the game I once again e-mailed Dolson about him having to fire Archie because he is losing this fan base.  I think everyone who is unhappy with the direction of the program and who thinks a changed needs to be made need to do the same thing.  I said I hope we will hear the news of the firing within the next 24 hours.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So ripping them in secrecy is ok on message boards or twitter or whatever....but voicing your displeasure in public in plain view is wrong? Just curious is all. I'm never a booing the player guy ever....but I can also understand frustration. Problem is at games people don't know if booing is directed at players or coaches or program or McRobbie,etc...

I would think most of the boos was toward Archie and hope the players understand that.  I critique their play but I don't make anything personal and down grade them at any time

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is going on with this site because I have tried to get into the forums and kept getting kicked out.  I will get made fun of again but after the game I once again e-mailed Dolson about him having to fire Archie because he is losing this fan base.  I think everyone who is unhappy with the direction of the program and who thinks a changed needs to be made need to do the same thing.  I said I hope we will hear the news of the firing within the next 24 hours.

Well, he probably has been getting quite a few e-mails like yours recently.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The mods are letting me play with the 'Boot Him' button.  I'm just having fun with you Scott.  :coffee:

Get ready to be kicked out again in 5....4.....3.....2....

Also, in your email to Dolson, did you mention Brad Stevens, or possibly Srad Btevens?

In a fun "behind the scenes" bit of knowledge: record high traffic.  On a typical day we get 50-75% of our traffic from non-posters, so the amount of posts in a thread is not indicative of the strain on the servers.  We lost and... well... lots of people wanted to see what was being said.  We have a powerful server of our own, so unlike the HSN.01 days, these outages are rare but at moments of peak traffic, they'll pop up.  Usually smooths out within an hour or so.  

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The mods are letting me play with the 'Boot Him' button.  I'm just having fun with you Scott.  :coffee:

Also, in your email to Dolson, did you mention Brad Stevens, or possibly Srad Btevens?

He probably won't mind me saying this but in his response he brought Stevens name up and said to check the flight trackers. LOL!

It never ceases to confound me when we start a game with a lot of fire and focus and then inevitably some odd fog befouls us and the game turns in another direction. Every time we get off to a good start like tonight I really want to be fired up and believe but in the back of my mind I know the other shoe is going to drop.

Guys, we’re at an embarrassing place in this program’s history, right now. I’m looking for a silver lining, but I’m struggling to find it. 

This will be an interesting offseason. If we bring Archie back, I hope there are conversations had about his staff and making Indiana a proud program once again. 

30 minutes ago, Shooter said:

It's completely fine to think Rob is not good enough. Frankly he hasn't been. But that's not a good reason to boo him.

My opinion on Rob is that he's reasonably talented and a hard worker. He's also been completely stuck inside his own head for a long time now. He's clearly aiming it when he shoots. I've been there as a player and a shooter, and it sucks. If your goal is for IU to win, booing a guy going through confidence problems is not helping anyone.

My thought on Rob, I seem to recall back in the day that another guy who was having some issues went to a sports psychologist and his play improved.  I hope they go the Fife route with Rob and think outside the box like that.  I think he has the yips, it is mental and he just needs to get past those. 

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You're pure evil 5!

17 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

In a fun "behind the scenes" bit of knowledge: record high traffic.  On a typical day we get 50-75% of our traffic from non-posters, so the amount of posts in a thread is not indicative of the strain on the servers.  We lost and... well... lots of people wanted to see what was being said.  We have a powerful server of our own, so unlike the HSN.01 days, these outages are rare but at moments of peak traffic, they'll pop up.  Usually smooths out within an hour or so.  

So, how well will this server hold up if/when word leaks out that CAM has been fired or a new coach has been chosen?

I hope that’s it for this year.  No matter how hard they play or try, when you can’t hit shots and free throws you are going to lose.  Except for one or two blowouts, the other losses can almost all be traced to those two things.  Yeah, the coach had to play a part with recruiting wrong, etc, but if nobody in the team has the confidence to shoot there is nothing any coach can do.  Worse is that the women also lost today, but maybe that will end up being good for them heading into the tournament.

So, after 4 years of watching this program sink to the point where we just lost 3 times to a below average Rutgers team, people actually think the fans were booing Rob for missing a FT? Seriously? C’mon, folks, you’re smarter than this. 

I’m also not the booing type, but to think this is about one player, or one shot, is ridiculous. 

Archived