A open letter to the players

I would like to thank the players for their effort through this trying year.  You guys had to make a huge sacrifice to play this year and we as fans have no idea how hard this year has been for you.  I know you haven't been able to have a normal college experience this year with having to stay in quarantine most of the time and not being able to see your families.  

We all know you guys wanted to have a better year this year but it just didn't work out that way.  I hope you guys know that what you see on twitter and other social media outlets is not the the true representive  of the fan base.  There are crazy fans every where but don't let those fans get you down and think about leaving.  We all get upset seeing IU lose and we probably say things after a loss that we shouldn't.  I just hope that you know that the majority of this fan base respects the effort and sacrifice you that you went through to play for IU this year.

Good luck to you guys in the off season

Agree completely. I sent a letter to Coach Miller last week thanking him, his staff and the young men for the effort this year and the way they have represented IU. I said that didn't mean I felt great about the season, but I told them that I was praying for them all (which I continue to do) and that I hope they persevere and rediscover the joy of playing this game we all love. I think that even though we are not happy with the results,  many of us feel the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 11:45 PM, MSHoosier said:

Agree completely. I sent a letter to Coach Miller last week thanking him, his staff and the young men for the effort this year and the way they have represented IU. I said that didn't mean I felt great about the season, but I told them that I was praying for them all (which I continue to do) and that I hope they persevere and rediscover the joy of playing this game we all love. I think that even though we are not happy with the results,  many of us feel the same.

Not a thread killer, at all, MSHoosier ...great post, very positive....thanks for posting.

Archived