It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Is that from their pay forum? If so, please delete it. Posting from pay sites is a pretty big issue.   :)

Why?  He didn't say a darned thing.  It could be Brad.  It might not be Brad.  It could be over in days. It could be weeks.  It's Brad's decision.   He could say yes.  He could say no...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From the peegs discord chatter, peegs seems to believe the search is currently focused on Brad and will not be moving on until we get a definitive yes or no from him.

I understand this is still an unlikely and uphill commitment to nab, but at the very least I can respect Dolson for swinging for the fences as he should.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

From the peegs discord chatter, peegs seems to believe the search is currently focused on Brad and will not be moving on until we get a definitive yes or no from him.

I understand this is still an unlikely and uphill commitment to nab, but at the very least I can respect Dolson for swinging for the fences as he should.

giphy.gif

Edited by rico

11 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

The best part would be you know the announcers would talk about it during the game, especially since the games are in Indiana, and at halftime etc. I'm sure PU fans would have a meltdown.

"And before tipoff, our guest play by play announcer, Don Fischer, has some breaking news. Don?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So I kinda pieced this together from what their insiders said, and what @IUwins0708 contributed...

This has been going on since late December.... There was allegedly a meeting at St Elmo's with Stevens and Some IU people (not Dolson)... From what I gather, they told Stevens go tell them what it would take to pry him away from the Celtics...

In my mind, Dolson had to have taken that information to the donors when he was hitting them up for big money. I say that thinking no one, even people who have that kind of dough, are going to pay for "two in the bush."

A lot of cloak and dagger stuff, but there haven't been any leaks to media...Tomorrow could be a "banner day" in IU lore...

Wouldn't be cool if forum insiders have scooped the talking heads on TV?

I saw the dates in December as well when Boston was in town. I'm still in the I don't think it will happen camp but these last 72 hours have been making me inch up in the seat a tad. Would love to know what the other boards are saying because regardless of a miss here or there....some posters on here are dialed in as it gets. 

Shoot I can't remember his name but the one poster had the details to the penny of Sampson's buyout about 4-5 days before it hit. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Now that CAM is gone, I hope that the rumors and excitement about Stevens comes to fruition. However, I question the timing and can’t imagine that there would be any announcement made on the first day of March Madness in two years. I would think that Dolson would want to make a huge splash with the news, and I think it would get lost amidst the built up hype of tournament play.

To get the best bang I would think an announcement on Tuesday might make more sense 

You couldnt buy the PR it would cost to much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Was kind of surprised they talked so much trash about us on that site. Laughing because our site crashed? Okay...

We are all diehard Hoosier fans. Didn’t know forums had rivalries 🙄.

I didn't venture out of the Stevens thread, and did not post at all.   Only set up an account so I could exchange a couple of PMs from guys on here to see if anyone had updates on this board.  I saw some comments, but not anything particularly snarky.  And, I appreciate the fact that there was another free board with good information.

That said, it's definitely a different culture over there.  I was wondering if I could even post over there if this site was down for an extended period of time. Not sure 5fouls could follow all of their rules.    

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Just now, 5fouls said:

I didn't venture out of the Stevens thread, and did not post at all.   Only set up an account so I could exchange a couple of PMs from guys on here to see if anyone had updates on this board.  I saw some comments, but not anything particularly snarky.  And, I appreciate the fact that there was another free board with good information.

That said, it's definitely a different culture over there.  I was wondering if I could even post over there if this site was down for an extended period of time. Not sure 5fouls could follow all of their rules.    

You posted one of your patented funny comments in the Stevens thread, there would have been a chance it would get "hidden."

They surely don't like veering off topic like we do...

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So I kinda pieced this together from what their insiders said, and what @IUwins0708 contributed...

This has been going on since late December.... There was allegedly a meeting at St Elmo's with Stevens and Some IU people (not Dolson)... From what I gather, they told Stevens go tell them what it would take to pry him away from the Celtics...

In my mind, Dolson had to have taken that information to the donors when he was hitting them up for big money. I say that thinking no one, even people who have that kind of dough, are going to pay for "two in the bush."

A lot of cloak and dagger stuff, but there haven't been any leaks to media...Tomorrow could be a "banner day" in IU lore...

Wouldn't be cool if forum insiders have scooped the talking heads on TV?

So my question is if it’s announced does he quit Boston immediately or finish the season?