It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

Wella wella wella welcome back!  Never thought Dolson would have the Skillz to pay the Billz!   But wow!!

I thought Archie was getting another year.  As ugly as it was.  But only way Dolson makes this move, given the financials, is if he had a big dawg ready to go ... Stevens or Beard basically.   And there’s way too much smoke around Stevens now.   Unreal.  

I actually liked Arch.   Recruiting hurt him in the end.  He’ll bounce back and learn from his mistakes - especially when he gets to a big time job again.   

But the thought of Lord Stevens here. Wow.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So my question is if it’s announced does he quit Boston immediately or finish the season?

I don't think there's any way he can coach once it's out of the bag...NBA players aren't going to listen to a lame duck coach...

I would look for a resignation the day it's announced...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So my question is if it’s announced does he quit Boston immediately or finish the season?

I would think Brad would want to get here sooner than later - probably by April.  Or at least somehow announce it and get an assistant in to run the recruiting for now. 

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

I don't think there's any way he can coach once it's out of the bag...NBA players aren't going to listen to a lame duck coach...

You’re probably right. I feel like in some sports - say college FB - a coach may be headed somewhere- but they’ll allow him to coach a bowl game with his former team.   

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Plus we need a Grand Marshall/Green Flag waving Hoosier for the 500 still. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If it does happen and that’s still a big if, they’ve got Jay Larranaga who is well regarded.  I seriously doubt it would negatively impact their season. It might even give them a shot in the arm.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

You’re probably right. I feel like in some sports - say college FB - a coach may be headed somewhere- but they’ll allow him to coach a bowl game with his former team.   

I hear ya...but the NBA season lasts into June...long time for jilted players to have to listen to a guy that I'm sure they'll feel deserted them...

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You posted one of your patented funny comments in the Stevens thread, there would have been a chance it would get "hidden."

They surely don't like veering off topic like we do...

There is veering off topic and then there is HSN members swapping spit with each other in a very active hiring a new coach thread.

They like neither.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I se it differently.  If the announcement was made tomorrow, it would be talked about on every pre-game and every halftime show instead of them talking about the games.

And, since the entire tournament is in Indiana, Brad could even make some studio appearances during the tourney.

This is exactly my thought process as well.

And people who never watch basketball will be watching the next four days.  It would be four straight days of free, organic publicity.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So what’s the latest scoop. Last I heard some OSU guy was leaving Brad crumbs. Anything changed? I assume communications are open and he hasn’t said no yet.

past player says announcement tomorrow. the people who shared the info dont know if said player is credible and "in the loop as he once was"