It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Hey Guys!! I just wanted to apologize for some of the things I said on Btown.  I got called out by a long time member and I deserved it.  I was taking frustration out on the entire board when it was only a handful of posters. Not saying I’ll be over here all the time like before but I won’t be a stranger.  Brad F*cking Stevens boys!!! LFG!

No apologies necessary. It’s been a tough 20 years. Tensions get high. I may disagree with people sometimes but it’s never personal...and again HSN is a bunch of great fans!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I'm literally 20 minutes from The Woodlands...for whatever that's worth...

My brother and sister in law just moved from the woodlands outside Houston to cincy. She runs about a dozen hospitals and he does hr it work. Very nice place to live! A lot of money there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

I'll fully believe this when it's announced.  Cautiously optimistic.

I’m kind of the same. I bought in SO hard with Donovan. Now this time I will concede the smoke is in more places and is much thicker, but still that one burned me as a fan bad so I’m very leery to get on board 100%.
But I’m losing my grip on my control.

• Like 6

Someone asked what kind of recruiter Stevens is. Idk that answer but I would assume that him being successful at both levels will make him VERY attractive to potential recruits.

Add his connections, credibility, like ability, and the fact he’d have IU behind him...he’d kill it. He’d have a seat at virtually any kitchen table in America.

• Like 2

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

Someone asked what kind of recruiter Stevens is. Idk that answer but I would assume that him being successful at both levels will make him VERY attractive to potential recruits.

Add his connections, credibility, like ability, and the fact he’d have IU behind him...he’d kill it. He’d have a seat at virtually any kitchen table in America.

I hadn’t even really realized he’s been in the league for EIGHT years now.  That’s big time name recognition, and he’s coached a bunch of NBA stars.  He’s recruiting whoever he wants.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Stevens didn’t go after top recruits, but ones that he thought were strong. Though could change if he comes to IU, since he was in the Horizon League  nearly a decade ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

Exactly. Doesn't matter to me how he recruits. He'll get the players he needs.

You can also add the ability to understand elite athletes as well. You aren't a perennial playoff contender in the NBA without that. 

• Like 2