It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

22 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Well,

Like two weeks ago I thought Archie would have another year. Never thought we would have a chance at Stevens either. I don't know anything other than whats posted on the boards already. I usually just get information on recruits, but I really think this Stevens thing could happen.

IF..it is Stevens what type recruiting can we expect out of him...5stars galore, in state lock down...national recruiting?

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Keep this in mind

That is the one guy on our lists where I am "meh".  Don't get me wrong, great coach...but it took him awhile to get things rolling at Michigan and at 68, time is not on his side.  He left Michigan because he did not like recruiting.  He is a 5 or 6 year plug at best and then we are having to do this all over again.  I'll be supportive if he is the guy, but that pick would worry me.

• Like 2

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

That is the one guy on our lists where I am "meh".  Don't get me wrong, great coach...but it took him awhile to get things rolling at Michigan and at 68, time is not on his side.  He left Michigan because he did not like recruiting.  He is a 5 or 6 year plug at best and then we are having to do this all over again.  I'll be supportive if he is the guy, but that pick would worry me.

A Beilein hire would be the dumpster fire of all dumpster fires imo.  I wouldn't worry about it though.  Dolson isn't FG.  He knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

Could Beilein be set up to be an assistant? I know they say he’d never be one, but heck if it’s with Brad Stevens and John only happens to want to be in the game for a few years anyways...could be wrong, just throwing out possibilities...also yeah they could just be following him from the past before he came to IU. I don’t think it’s gonna be Beilein since it’s gonna be Brad Stevens. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

IF..it is Stevens what type recruiting can we expect out of him...5stars galore, in state lock down...national recruiting?

Yes.

He was hard after Zeller when he was at Butler.  I could see him adding a guy like Mike Lewis to the staff who is going to have some national connections now with having been on the west coast.  I am preferencing this next comment by saying that I am not expecting the results of this guy, but Stevens has the ability to become the next Coach K in that the media like him, he has that calm presence, he is a good coach and they will be willing to push him...that could help push recruits this way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

1) Proper identification of players that fit his system

2) No repeat of 2021 when we missed out on the top in state talent (Yes, I know Archie landed 3 straight Mr. Basketballs, but 2021 was a total whiff in-state).

3) Interest from highly rated players that may not have given IU a second look in the past, but would going forward because of Brad's NBA experience.  That said they will still only be recruited if they fit the system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

I remember 0708s last post before signing out earlier this week was something to the effect of:

”No stevens, but most of you will be happy with the new coach”

I trust him, have we changed from that view? Agree there’s a TON of smoke here

this is what i have really been thinking about the last few days, but 0708, aren't you leaning Stevens now?

I'm getting the same feeling I got when I was watching Cody's commitment announcement, and Romeo - at the time, those two recruits seemed to be the key to turning the program around for FCTC and FCAM, and I watched both of their announcements with a lot of nervous energy. At minimum, it's nice to have some hope again.

• Like 4