It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

You know I used to go there quite a bit but the owner sold it and I felt it fell off a little after that.  Good to hear you got some good food there may have to make a trip back there, maybe this summer when I expect to head back to the office.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sounds like the only hold up would be the Celtics organization.  Pray they don't pull a Josh McDaniels and try to guilt Brad into staying.  That seems to be the Boston way.  Something along the lines of "you're not going anywhere until we fire your a$$ which probably will next year".  

As a Yankee fan, you already know how I feel about anything "Boston", except for their cream pie....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Did anyone put money down on BFS being the next coach?  The moment I saw the odds I went to put some money down and forgot I am out of state and can’t lol.  Curious if the odds have gone down at all over the past 5 days.

odds were released via sportsline.com, however, no one i talked with accepted bets on this for whatever reason.  I had a $100 ready to put down on it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

History revisionist?  Michigan was a dumpster fire?  BS.  They were 22-13 the year before Beilein got there.  They were 22-11 the year before that.  You are mistaken as to the condition of the program.  No dumpster fire...just "under achieving" is why Amaker was let go.  

You're right. Dumpster fire wasn't the right word and I was thinking of his West Virginia time. WVU went 8-20 before he got there. 

However, if we use the logic for Beilein taking over for Amaker not being that impressive, shouldn't we do the same for Beard taking over for Tubby? Tubby didn't leave TT empty handed. They had a solid team.

My point in all of this is, I don't understand some's thinking that Beilein is more of a risk than Beard. I view it the opposite. If Beilein didn't have the WVU gig and we were just looking at the Michigan success, I'd be a little more worried. But he's just flat out won everywhere he's gone.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Not feeling the argue vibes at the moment.  I will still support him if he is picked.  We just disagree on him being the optimal pick.

Hopefully, it doesn't matter.

Agree 100%. Beilein isn't my top pick by any means, but when we look at the state of the program, he's more likely to get us back quicker than anyone. Beard has less of a track record. I get he's younger, but there's more risk there than a guy like Beilein.

Stevens or Bennett (haven't heard his name, and probably because the probability is not good) have to be the top picks. It's that second tier where the split happens. Some want the young guys with some recent success... If we take one, I want to know how they differ from Archie and why they'll be successful over a guy like Archie.

My second tier is a proven guy like a Pitino or Beilein... Or even a guy like Lon Kruger. Someone that can get the program at least winning again. Have a successor on the bench like Fife, Cheaney, etc.

Like you said, at the end of the day, hopefully we don't get to that second tier.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ephul said:

You're right. Dumpster fire wasn't the right word and I was thinking of his West Virginia time. WVU went 8-20 before he got there. 

However, if we use the logic for Beilein taking over for Amaker not being that impressive, shouldn't we do the same for Beard taking over for Tubby? Tubby didn't leave TT empty handed. They had a solid team.

My point in all of this is, I don't understand some's thinking that Beilein is more of a risk than Beard. I view it the opposite. If Beilein didn't have the WVU gig and we were just looking at the Michigan success, I'd be a little more worried. But he's just flat out won everywhere he's gone.

Just a side note to this...the only reason Beilein got the WVA gig was because Dakich quit after a week...

Think about that for a minute...

• Haha 2