It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

3 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

You do realize the point of this thread is to support efforts, in however small a way we can, to get Brad Stevens to come to IU, right?

And here you whip out the photo custom made for a man's wedding day.

It's on the net.  had no idea of it's origin.  He played high school ball in Indiana and I'm sure he has great memories of the experience.  

1 hour ago, hoosier8760 said:

It was more along the lines of "lay back and enjoy it"...oh Bobby. What a legend

Yes....I believe most people take it out of context because Bobby immediately put it into context during the interview but most edit that part out. Basically he was asked about stress and he responded with the quote...and followed up saying that if things are out of your control you just have to deal with it. Not a quote or figure of speech I would use of course but there was context that gets thrown out. He wasn't asked about women's rape etc...anyways...its been hashed out many times before. Don't think we will have to worry about Brad putting his foot in his mouth lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

No way, let's do this again every year for the next 25.  Knight is back in the fold as of last year.  This will hopefully be the hire that fully unites the fanbase.  

I mean, has there ever been a coach who is a more perfect fit for IU than Brad, particularly right now? If hiring him doesn't unite the fan base, then nothing is going to.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes....I believe most people take it out of context because Bobby immediately put it into context during the interview but most edit that part out. Basically he was asked about stress and he responded with the quote...and followed up saying that if things are out of your control you just have to deal with it. Not a quote or figure of speech I would use of course but there was context that gets thrown out. He wasn't asked about women's rape etc...anyways...its been hashed out many times before. Don't think we will have to worry about Brad putting his foot in his mouth lol.

one of the many things he did that would get him fired by the end of the day if it happened in 2021.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Meh yet again.  

You seemed to be intoxicated with Beilein and all the while diminishing what Beard has done in a very short period of time.  

I'm not "intoxicated with Beilein". I'm simply pointing out that he's got a better record of success than these young guys. He's a more "sure thing".

You could replace the name Beilein without about half dozen guys. 

We just hired a young guy with a VERY good record in his short period of coaching. How'd that turn out?

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Because it's fun to dream.....I'm trying to paint a picture of what a program would look like under Stevens

Will he share the amount of influence Knight had in the 80s? Does he snap his fingers and get donors to fulfill his requests?

Will he recruit talent first and fit second or vice versa? 

Will he take advantage of transfers? To what degree?

Does he have the ability to quickly get "showtime" home and aways out of conference games?

What does a Brad Stevens offense and defense look like with out current roster? 

tenor (3).gif

lol....thing I respect about Brad the most. He typically gets the most out of his team. Even when they are undermanned they win more than they should. He is always cool, calm, and collected. "Cool as the other side of the pillow"  He runs good sets out of time outs/situationally. Very much a tactician. He develops players. Players get better under him. He puts them in the position to succeed. The improvement of guys like Tatum, especially Brown, and guys like Rozier and Smart...even his work with his bigs. I just think the highs and lows won't be so severe. We will be a team that should finish in top 5 of the league consistantly and win our share of titles....and have a coach and team that peaks and plays its best in the tournament.