It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

3 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Some of you need to take a breath. Why would you assume this process to take a total of 72 hours when it's going to likely be the largest hire (both $ and impact) in CBB history? There was never anything concrete about an announcement today anyway.

Hahahaha this is comical watching the freaking out of some people here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

Unfortunately reading between the lines it sounds like we offered Stevens and he thought about it and said "no thanks".........🙄

Nothing has changed. The reaction is simply over a rumor of a 3pm announcement ....that was not concrete. 

The facts have not changed over the past 24 hours.

• Like 6

Let’s put it this way: IU was quick to denounce a rumor about a 3:00 pm press conference using their beat guys, but they haven’t been quick to denounce anything about Brad Stevens. 

If they weren’t confident about the chance of Brad Stevens, water would’ve been put on this fire 2 days ago. Why get the fan bases’ hopes up?

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 3

Just now, hoosier8760 said:

I'm not freaking out just being realistic. I remember when Billy Donovan was "looking for houses" in Bloomington. Maybe he was who knows. Just enjoying the ride. I have no doubt that Stevens is in play. 

Rest assured that you aren't getting this week's news from Justin Albers. We're in play until Stevens issues a formal statement that he is not taking the Indiana job. He's had plenty of opportunities to do so already and hasn't done it.

I've seen a lot of people say why doesn't Ainge send Stevens out to squash all this etc etc. There is no "all this talk". Nationally media is saying nothing. Right now its a nothing burger outside a few fan forums. Avg sports joe hasn't a clue there is anything going on. There is no firestorm. Celtics will continue life as usual. Until someone big picks up on it and runs with the narrative the Celtics won't address it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I've seen a lot of people say why doesn't Ainge send Stevens out to squash all this etc etc. There is no "all this talk". Nationally media is saying nothing. Right now its a nothing burger outside a few fan forums. Avg sports joe hasn't a clue there is anything going on. There is no firestorm. Celtics will continue life as usual. Until someone big picks up on it and runs with the narrative the Celtics won't address it.

Wait, there is a world outside our bubble?! Stop the clock!!