It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

There are other people Tweeting about it too, not just insiders.  But it seems like the "it's done" narrative is changing a bit. The insiders information is really fun and most of the time pretty good, but this type of rumor is as big as it gets for IU hoops. So I hope their connections aren't pulling their chains. 

• Like 4

These are very professional people involved in these type of situation. I don’t see a contractual issue happening from either side if in fact the choice is to change location.

Also, think of the timing here. Miller could have been let go at the end of the tourney for example.

Without question especially considering the amount of money at play here, there is a plan in place which contains the remaining timeline of transitional events no matter who the coach to be is.

That said, I had to work until 2:30 am last night just to get close to my daily goal I had in place. All due to this exciting real life episode surrounding the program.

Today, I’m already 2-3 hours behind because of my lack of priority control. But hey, it’s Friday!

What strikes me as odd is the silence from Dolson and Stevens if there is absolutely no truth to all these rumors.  Dolson certainly would be out there saying something to squash all of this.  Think about the reaction if he announces that we hired Beilein. A potentially great hire, but there would be a collective moan from the fanbase.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

What strikes me as odd is the silence from Dolson and Stevens if there is absolutely no truth to all these rumors.  Dolson certainly would be out there saying something to squash all of this.  Think about the reaction if he announces that we hired Beilein. A potentially great hire, but there would be a collective moan from the fanbase.

Didn’t Dolson say in his press conference about firing CAM to respect the privacy and the next time you hear from me will be announcing the next coach?

I may be wrong but I thought he said that anyway.

Edited by Ferg 32
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

Exactly. Say all you want about the silence coming from Boston, but there is no way IU wouldn’t try to be shutting all these rumors down if there wasn’t any truth to them. It’d just be setting the fan base up for disappointment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

I wouldn't put that past the administration, would you? I mean I'm only basing that off the last 20 years

• Haha 3

Just now, IUDan93 said:

I don't think he has to appease the fanbase with hourly updates, but to your point, if we go with someone else (for whatever circumstance or reason), there will be a collective letdown.

And if that were to happen, I truly hope it doesn't negatively impact who DOES become the next coach. 

4 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Yeah.  I've been thinking the same thing.  At this point, whoever is hired will have to knock it out of the park in the press conference to lift up what will be a disappointed fanbase.

Edited by 5fouls

4 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Brad did have this to say three days ago. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/brad-stevens-addresses-rumors-hes-a-candidate-for-indiana-hoosiers-vacancy-im-the-coach-of-the-celtics/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

That answer was the most non-committed to the Celtics answer possible. It only gets worse if you watch the video, he couldn't make eye contact. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ferg 32 said:

Didn’t Dolson say in his press conference about firing CAM to respect the privacy and the next time you hear from me will be announcing the next coach?

He did, but he could get the word out somehow. At least I would.  I think of it like a birthday present for my kids. If they thought I was buying them a car for their 16th (not a chance), and they were talking about it with everyone, I would dis-spell that belief in the hopes that they would like the paint brushes and snow shovel I got them.

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Exactly. Say all you want about the silence coming from Boston, but there is no way IU wouldn’t try to be shutting all these rumors down if there wasn’t any truth to them. It’d just be setting the fan base up for disappointment. 

IU wants all the publicity it can get while the tournament is going on and the program is not a part of it. This is the exact time you want rumors flying. Also, if it’s not announced today or tomorrow, I’d guess it’s very unlikely to happen. You want to take advantage of all these eyes on college basketball this weekend. 

6 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

I wouldn't put that past the administration, would you? I mean I'm only basing that off the last 20 years

It's possible, but what a PR nightmare this would be. Dolson would have to be so out of touch, and I really get the sense that he is not.

• Like 2

Just now, IUDan93 said:

He did, but he could get the word out somehow. At least I would.  I think of it like a birthday present for my kids. If they thought I was buying them a car for their 16th (not a chance), and they were talking about it with everyone, I would dis-spell that belief in the hopes that they would like the paint brushes and snow shovel I got them.

That doesn't add up at all.  And would mean he is doing a poor job at being honest and respecting the people he is trying to hire. Why would you want that? 

Just now, IUDan93 said:

Maybe he doesn't want to jeopardize his trust with whatever candidates are in the running by leaking info. I'd have second thoughts about working for a guy who was leaking info as I was negotiating a contract with him. 

• Like 1