It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

20210319_162721.jpg

He is such a moron.

The notion that there are "a lot" of people close enough to Brad Stevens that they'd know, from his perspective, if he was going to take the job is just absurd. 

Who honestly think Brad is running this by "a lot" of people. Go away you goon. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Yea.  I'm sure I'll forget some, but I can only recall Dakich, Roberts, Cheaney, and Joby Wright being connected to the BB program.  

(Forgot Ahfeld) & Crews)

It's not like I'm against IU guys on the bench, to be honest I would love to see an IU coach start operating like Coach K with former players on the bench, but I think when a new coach comes in he has to prioritize assistants that he's comfortable with, then after developing a culture and winning identity over a period of years you can begin focusing on that. 

Obviously if Stevens does come, someone like Michael Lewis makes sense since they've coached together before. 

But this week I've literally seen posts on various boards like, "If we get Beilein do you think he'll hire Fife, Moye and Guyton as his staff?" 

I mean, has Moye ever coached at the collegiate level? I believe Guyton has some limited experience. But I highly doubt a new coach would bring in 3 former players that he didn't coach, with two of them barely having any experience, and that he's never coached with. 

• Like 1

Seriously, if it does not happen tomorrow, I'm of the opinion it does not happen.  Celtics have a 3:30 game on Sunday, then have to travel to Memphis for a Monday night game.  That's the start of a 4 game road trip.  Celts are not back home until the 28th.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think we are past the point of hearing something today.  To close to game-time for the Celtics.

It's certainly getting close to the point where it would have to come out. Media usually arrives about 2 hours before game time, give or take, and with the smoke out there they would be asking the Boston PR staff questions. 

The coach typically does his press availability an hour before game time, if I remember correctly from my days there. It's not out of the realm for something to drop, but we're getting really close to the time where we have to assume Stevens is coaching tonight. 

The game is at 7:30, so we're not completely past the window, but it's getting tight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's not like I'm against IU guys on the bench, to be honest I would love to see an IU coach start operating like Coach K with former players on the bench, but I think when a new coach comes in he has to prioritize assistants that he's comfortable with, then after developing a culture and winning identity over a period of years you can begin focusing on that. 

Obviously if Stevens does come, someone like Michael Lewis makes sense since they've coached together before. 

But this week I've literally seen posts on various boards like, "If we get Beilein do you think he'll hire Fife, Moye and Guyton as his staff?" 

I mean, has Moye ever coached at the collegiate level? I believe Guyton has some limited experience. But I highly doubt a new coach would bring in 3 former players that he didn't coach, with two of them barely having any experience, and that he's never coached with. 

this is what i keep saying.  don't get me wrong, if Stevens and Beard say no and Beilein is the best we can do, i'm still optimistic.  people make comments about Fife being his associate head coach.  i love that scenario, but unless they have a relationship, it just doesn't make sense.  it's hard for me to understand people getting behind the needing IU guys.  you can't tell me Stevens, Beard, Drew, Beileien, etc. don't know the IU history/culture?  other than i think it would be cool to have former players, i just don't think it matters.  i think people are listening to Dakich too much.  

• Like 1

Just to put something out there.  There is the NCAA tourney happening in Bloomington all weekend.  Assembly Hall is being used. Facilities are being used.  You don’t think they need those rooms and stuff for press conferences? Indiana facilities are being used.  Lots of stuff happening there right now.  Maybe...that could be the reason for the delay?

Edited by IU_Realist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

Just to put something out there.  There is the NCAA tourney happening in Bloomington all weekend.  Assembly Hall is being used. Facilities are being used.  You don’t think they need those rooms and stuff for press conferences? Indiana facilities are being used.  Lots of stuff happening there right now.  Maybe...that could be the reason for the delay?

COVID. 

Would be zoom 

Just to put something out there.  There is the NCAA tourney happening in Bloomington all weekend.  Assembly Hall is being used. Facilities are being used.  Lots of stuff happening there right now.  Maybe...that could be the reason for the delay?

That should be on autopilot from Dolson's perspective though.

I wouldn't expect a press conference. If I remember correctly, the hiring of Archie was announced on a Saturday, but the press conference wasn't for a few days into the next week. 

There's definitely not going to be a press conference today, but that doesn't mean an announcement can't be made (not that I'm expecting it).

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I wouldn't expect a press conference. If I remember correctly, the hiring of Archie was announced on a Saturday, but the press conference wasn't for a few days into the next week. 

There's definitely not going to be a press conference today, but that doesn't mean an announcement can't be made (not that I'm expecting it).

Crean was fired on 16th. Archie hired on 25th and press conference was 27th.