It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

Just now, iucane said:

My "only" complaint on Dolson is IF I was the booster ponying up 10mm for the buyout on the assurance we were getting Stevens.   Now IF that isn't the case, then no one can be upset for taking a shot and getting rejected.  IF I was that booster, I would have wanted a signed contract prior to cutting that 10mm check.

This is my concern and question as well. If I had "reliance" on someone delivering the goods and they didn't after I ponied up 8 digits?? I'd be asking Mr. Dolson to come over to my house for a chat in the morning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WokeHoosier said:

Any coach other than Stevens will have some blemishes, perhaps the best approach would be to wait until March Madness is over and see if a new candidate has emerged, might be that someone we've not even considered ends up being the best choice. 

Alford has been fired from two high majors. Beard doesn’t have those blemishes....Drew doesn’t have those blemishes......Beilien doesn’t have those blemishes......do you want me to continue of all the coaches who don’t have those blemishes and names of coaches who have potentially better ceilings.  Again we know Alford’s.  We know he was more blemishes than that but let’s just concentrate on that.  

Disappointed, but there had to have been a lot going on behind the scenes. Sounds like our AD did his diligence and swung hard for the fences, which is what we needed past AD’s to do. Still... a lot of things don’t add up. Maybe BS just doesn’t care about IU, otherwise, it’s hard to understand how he would be able to turn it down. Now, we get to watch guys in a Tom Brady jersey talk smack about how much BS sucks and they’ll eventually run him out if there anyway.

Beard is next on my wish list, and his buyout is “only” 2.5 million, and he happens to be in town.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

Alford has been fired from two high majors. Beard doesn’t have those blemishes....Drew doesn’t have those blemishes......Beilien doesn’t have those blemishes......do you want me to continue of all the coaches who don’t have those blemishes and names of coaches who have potentially better ceilings.  Again we know Alford’s.  We know he was more blemishes than that but let’s just concentrate on that.  

and add to that that Fife COULD be the guy, but he COULD be a flop.  can't risk it.  

1 minute ago, Rev_AK said:

Disappointed, but there had to have been a lot going on behind the scenes. Sounds like our AD did his diligence and swung hard for the fences, which is what we needed past AD’s to do. Still... a lot of things don’t add up. Maybe BS just doesn’t care about IU, otherwise, it’s hard to understand how he would be able to turn it down. Now, we get to watch guys in a Tom Brady jersey talk smack about how much BS sucks and they’ll eventually run him out if there anyway.

Beard is next on my wish list, and his buyout is “only” 2.5 million, and he happens to be in town.

Maybe he just wants to have a summer? NBA is supposedly better for coaches.  

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

and add to that that Fife COULD be the guy, but he COULD be a flop.  can't risk it.  

Well yeah.  I am just saying you take Fife before Alford.  Why go for someone who has failed twice? That is just crazy talk for me. 

Edited by IU_Realist
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, iucane said:

My "only" complaint on Dolson is IF I was the booster ponying up 10mm for the buyout on the assurance we were getting Stevens.   Now IF that isn't the case, then no one can be upset for taking a shot and getting rejected.  IF I was that booster, I would have wanted a signed contract prior to cutting that 10mm check.

How do you know Dolson gave him assurance that we would get Stevens

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Or he could still like IU and had other reasons to not take it? I love IU but I don’t want to live there.  There are other reasons people take jobs.  

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How do you know Dolson gave him assurance that we would get Stevens

I don’t.  The reason I used the word IF.  I know IF it was mean ponying up 10mm I would want an assurance.   Not writing that type of check for a 1st time AD to go “try”.  But hey maybe they did.  To each their own. 

• Like 1

I don't know Brad Stevens, never met the man.  I have no idea how he thinks, but when I read the comments to the tweet from the "voice of the Celtics" they were quite negative.  I know Twitter isn't necessarily representative of a fan base, but there was an alarming number of folks who wanted him to go.  Compare that to the IU fan reaction, and I'm not sure I understand why you stay somewhere you are not universally wanted, when there are places you will be.  Now he is in a situation where those that wanted him gone will be upset he didn't take this opportunity, and those voices will grow louder with every loss.  I just really don't understand this.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, iucane said:

His press conference answered your scenario. Pretty clear cut he said the chairital donation had no strings attached. 

• Like 1