It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

25 minutes ago, H00sier said:

First and foremost I’m very grateful HSN is up and running, thanks for all the hard work!

That being said, Stevens would have been epic, but just about any on the list we’ve been seeing is an upgrade over what Coach Miller have us the last 4 years. Keep your heart people, we may just rise from the ashes yet. 

I get what you’re saying...and you’re right...but sorry I’m just being honest...as an IU fan surviving the past 20 years, I do NOT need another coach I need to “get on board with” or “have a good attitude about,” or “give them a chance,” or “this isn’t a bad hire,” need one I’m just plain jacked we got. 

but get the feeling it’s the same ole same ole.

Silver lining...probably not going to have to worry about getting my priorities out of wake by being too emotionally invested in IU basketball.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah they are college coaches that wanted to test themselves at the NBA level and then came back to college. Thats what I'm saying, most college coaches want to eventually test their mettle to see if they can coach at the pro level. 

Its rare for a top pro coach to decide (not because he was fired) to leave the pro ranks for college. 

Brad started at Butler.  Not sure he is a top NBA coach.   Seems most Boston fans want him gone.

To be honest, I'm not impressed with any of the B, C, D, candidates left...

Whoever it is is going to have to establish ties to Indiana high school coaches (which I think CAM did a pretty good job of), and hit the recruiting trail fast to try and get our top in-state target for 22 (Washington)...

I know people want a more National recruiting footprint but the last thing I want is a bunch of out of state mercenaries representing IU like they do in Kentucky...

I fear we've really f'ed this up. I think the candidates mentioned will at best be marginally better than Miller, and we'll be doing this again soon...

I'm almost to the point of saying let's give someone like Wes Miller, Porter Moser or some hot assistant coach a shot and hope for the best...

Because I truly believe that coaches like Beard and Musselman aren't going to get us where we want to go...

At this point, I'd settle for Beilein as a stop gap until we can get the right guy...

43 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Brad started at Butler.  Not sure he is a top NBA coach.   Seems most Boston fans want him gone.

He is absolutely a top coach in the NBA. He's been fantastic with the Celtics, but in 9 years in the NBA, never having one of the transcendent stars you're going to have a bad year here and there. 

One bad year doesn't all of the sudden change what he's done. Even Ainge has said this season is on him, not Stevens. 

Like I've said numerous times, the Celtics aren't going to stop loving him because of the fans. 

Just now, BGleas said:

He is absolutely a top coach in the NBA. He's been fantastic with the Celtics, but in 9 years in the NBA, never having one of the transcendent stars you're going to have a bad year here and there. 

One bad year doesn't all of the sudden change what he's done. Even Ainge has said this season is on him, not Stevens. 

Like I've said numerous times, the Celtics aren't going to stop loving him because of the fans. 

It's a players league though.  I'm not sure top players are going to want to play for Stevens.  

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

It's a players league though.  I'm not sure top players are going to want to play for Stevens.  

Why? He's often been praised by top players in the league. In the past LeBron has talked about how good of a coach he is and how he's difficult to prepare for. 

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Why? He's often been praised by top players in the league. In the past LeBron has talked about how good of a coach he is and how he's difficult to prepare for. 

Doesn't mean they want to play for him.  I'll be surprised if any top 5 player in the league signs there as a free agent.  So they are left with finding the next Tim Duncan or Steph Curry (if one of those even exists anymore) or catching the right combination of players a la 2004 Pistons. 

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

Doesn't mean they want to play for him.  I'll be surprised if any top 5 player in the league signs there as a free agent.  So they are left with finding the next Tim Duncan or Steph Curry (if one of those even exists anymore) or catching the right combination of players a la 2004 Pistons. 

I doubt they sign a top 5 player either, but that has nothing to do with Brad Stevens. If anything the Celtics have been a bigger free agent destination since he's been then than they ever have in the past. 

The Celtics don't typically get good free agents, but since he's been there they've gotten Al Horford, Gordon Hayward and Kemba Walker. They never used to get free agents like that. 

They already have an emerging Superstar in Tatum, as well as an All-Star in Brown. Ainge had done a bad job the last couple years surrounding them, but he can fix that. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was tough, but if I remove my beloved crimson glasses, Stevens to IU makes little sense to anyone not a diehard Iu fan.  Celtics tradition far exceeds our rich tradition, and he is at the coaching pinnacle.  Even if it doesn’t last long in Boston, he will be highly sought after by a contender.  

I also wondered the last few days if the uncertain future of college hoops played a factor - change in transfers, getting paid for likeness, all seems like additional hassles beyond the recruiting grind.  (I do think Musselman will absolutely thrive in the new setting however)

Here is what happened all the BS to IU stuff the last few days was an intentional leaf from the IU side to get all our fans excited to get people talking about Indiana during the tournament but it was all a big smokescreen to allow BS to come out and say he is  Celtic loves Boston even a Patriot fan all just to get the Boston fans to be reassured all is well and to further tick off those that want him out. The IU fan base is deflated got our hopes up again and all of it was the master plan for him to give the middle finger to Boston and say I am a HOOSIER. 

All of this is the fictional ending to my screen play. Dreamed this last night, been thinking too much about the coaching search I guess

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Here is what happened all the BS to IU stuff the last few days was an intentional leaf from the IU side to get all our fans excited to get people talking about Indiana during the tournament but it was all a big smokescreen to allow BS to come out and say he is  Celtic loves Boston even a Patriot fan all just to get the Boston fans to be reassured all is well and to further tick off those that want him out. The IU fan base is deflated got our hopes up again and all of it was the master plan for him to give the middle finger to Boston and say I am a HOOSIER. 

All of this is the fictional ending to my screen play. Dreamed this last night, been thinking too much about the coaching search I guess

**** YOU JOSH MCDANIELS 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Yesterday was tough, but if I remove my beloved crimson glasses, Stevens to IU makes little sense to anyone not a diehard Iu fan.  Celtics tradition far exceeds our rich tradition, and he is at the coaching pinnacle.  Even if it doesn’t last long in Boston, he will be highly sought after by a contender.  

I also wondered the last few days if the uncertain future of college hoops played a factor - change in transfers, getting paid for likeness, all seems like additional hassles beyond the recruiting grind.  (I do think Musselman will absolutely thrive in the new setting however)

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Celtics certainly have a rich tradition, but IU has a banner dating before the Celtics even existed.  

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Then that means they have 13 more in less time. Just stirring it up a little😀

I'd just argue that gross number of championships does not solely equal tradition.

UCLA has a ton of championships, but I'd argue IU, UNC, UK, Kansas, Duke, etc. have richer traditions.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

That stuff Brad was saying was completely scripted and he was uncomfortable saying it and even stuttered a couple times when trying to look at the script. It was really strange.

• Like 2

Let me preface by saying I don’t think he’s coming to IU. It would be the weirdest move to claim yourself as a “masshole” one day and days/weeks later move onto another organization.

That being said, if you do read the response, it wasn’t truthful. He entertained an offer. Unless everyone who gives inside scoops like Chris007, IUwins0708, Coach SS, Rabjohns, Dan Dakich, Billinglsey99, etc all banded together to troll the IU fan base, which I highly, highly doubt.

And why are Woj and Goodman considered credible with this right now? They said it was “ridiculous” that we think he’d ever consider it, BUT AGAIN, HE DID. Also, if it’s so ridiculous, why even use your platform to address it? Oh wait, it’s because they enjoy the attention and love any easy opportunity to gain “credibility” in the industry.

Edited by Hoosierdave