It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

The one thing I wonder is the Celtics are one of the top franchises in professional sports. But the NBA is not a league of loyalty nor one where people last long much less a whole career in one place. Stevens may love Boston but when it comes to an end...and it will...does he want to jump to the next nba team and town...chasing a paycheck? The thing about IU is that is a career job. One you coach 20 years at. I mean NBA fires or let’s go of HOF coaches all the time. Heck coach of the year winners get fired. Maybe he just prefers that lifestyle and coaching those type of players but man I would hate not having that same security. A league also influenced by its stars. What if tomorrow Tatum demands a trade if he doesn’t get a new coach. Stevens is gone...just like that. He must really be done with college all together to pass up this opportunity.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wonder if we dodged a bullet 

Wonder why this thread has stayed open— and yes, I realize I am contributing.

Woke up this morning and nothing in my life changed. Sorry for y’all who got emotionally invested in the BS saga. Bottom line is that a guy who has no ties to IU other than once saying it was his dream job, turned us down. Lots of folks say one thing, and at the time they may truly believe it. People change. Circumstances change. 

If Stevens doesn’t want to coach IU now, more power to him. Thanks for listening, if he did, and time to move on. Hopefully, Dolson finds a guy whose heart bleeds cream and crimson. 

CTA has won over the football fan base because his love for his players, and IU is obvious and contagious. Certainly there is a basketball version of him just waiting to be asked to lead the program 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wonder if we dodged a bullet 

WE did not dodge a bullet, he'd have been a great hire. He's a great dude, he made a comment that was a bit silly and rubs people in Indiana the wrong way. I'd hope we aren't going to throw out his 15 years in public life where he has been nothing but stellar because of one comment that wasn't even really that bad. 

• Like 6

Nothing has changed...we suck today as much as we sucked 4 years ago. I hate it but nothing has changed. I’m used to us sucking. Be nice to be good again but as we stand from last week to this nothing has changed and no reason to get upset. Life goes on and if we continue sucking it won’t be the end of the world.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Wonder why this thread has stayed open— and yes, I realize I am contributing.

Woke up this morning and nothing in my life changed. Sorry for y’all who got emotionally invested in the BS saga. Bottom line is that a guy who has no ties to IU other than once saying it was his dream job, turned us down. Lots of folks say one thing, and at the time they may truly believe it. People change. Circumstances change. 

If Stevens doesn’t want to coach IU now, more power to him. Thanks for listening, if he did, and time to move on. Hopefully, Dolson finds a guy whose heart bleeds cream and crimson. 

CTA has won over the football fan base because his love for his players, and IU is obvious and contagious. Certainly there is a basketball version of him just waiting to be asked to lead the program 

Tom Allen has won me over so far because he is winning.  Bill Lynch was a nice guy but he wasn't winning.  All the LEO and enthusiasm is great, but to me that is secondary to winning.

There are different personalities that can win, I am with Badgervol on all of that extraneous stuff anymore.  I don't care who we bring in anymore as long as they end up being a winner.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

More examples of how our fanbase is such a negative selling point for coaches. We need to take a lesson from historic programs like the Celtics.

🤨🙄

No doubt! People are just delusional if they don’t think the internet and social media is just full of sick idiotic people and IU has no more or less then any other big program/organizAtion. I mean Celtic fans were talking about tying up and torturing his family the other day...we can officially stop with the IU fans are the problem. No excuse to say awful things to players but let’s not act like it’s a first.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No doubt! People are just delusional if they don’t think the internet and social media is just full of sick idiotic people and IU has no more or less then any other big program/organizAtion. I mean Celtic fans were talking about tying up and torturing his family the other day...we can officially stop with the IU fans are the problem. No excuse to say awful things to players but let’s not act like it’s a first.

Exactly. IU's fanbase is no better or worse than any of the other major schools or pro sports. Check out EJ Liddell's tweet after OSU lost yesterday...

• Sad 11

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Celtics fans reportedly leaked his home address too, last night after the lost on Twitter

• Like 1

I know we're all very disappointed that we didn't get Stevens.  Any other coach seems like a let down.  Bummer.

But look at it this way:  We almost hired away the successful head coach of one of the 2 or 3 most iconic pro teams in all of U.S. history.  Yeah I know "close" only counts with hand grenades, atom bombs, etc. But Dolson and IU almost did something that pretty much all of the fan base, NBA insiders, media, etc. thought was impossible.  If Stevens would have went to IU, that would be an all-time shocker.  Combined with Dolson's handling of Archie's firing I'm real sure we have the right guy in the AD position (or VP of whatever).

So the saga continues.

• Like 4

Really, until someone raises the mic at the IU press conference, everyone is still on the table. In my opinion.

How is this different than a corporate CEO situation? I’m saying this for a third time now, I believe the plan is unknown to everyone but those directly involved and that the CEO replacement is already in place.

I could be wrong but I’m going to say it’s all timing and smoke.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Really, until someone raises the mic at the IU press conference, everyone is still on the table. In my opinion.

How is this different than a corporate CEO situation? I’m saying this for a third time now, I believe the plan is unknown to everyone but those directly involved and that the CEO replacement is already in place.

I could be wrong but I’m going to say it’s all timing and smoke.

Gotta love the insight! That’s why I still have some hope left after thinking about for it. Even though majority of people are through with CBS, there is a slim chance he reconsiders, 3rd times a charm! NOT saying he comes to IU, but if it is a business Deal and if Dolson comes up with another offer, I could see Stevens being interested in it. 

I wish his contract details were public, that would help so much 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

4 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Can someone get me up to speed here. There were rumors supposedly from insiders that Stevens was going to come here and we all believed that despite Stevens' denial. Now, he denied it again and all of a sudden we are dejected and have given up hope. Am I missing anything here?

The people that had sources said it fell through. Rumors has it he got a raise but there’s no proof. So nobody really knows much of anything about what happened except for what the sources that were leaking the information said he backed out. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Can someone get me up to speed here. There were rumors supposedly from insiders that Stevens was going to come here and we all believed that despite Stevens' denial. Now, he denied it again and all of a sudden we are dejected and have given up hope. Am I missing anything here?

You pretty much have it.

Only thing to add is that it’s now time to hire whoever the flavor of the minute is