It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

1 hour ago, T-Free20 said:

And I also am having a really hard time thinking that he just loves the NBA and Boston that much to turn down that kind of money. I honestly wonder if he didn't want the pressure or expectations. If he ever takes another college job and it isn't IU, I think that will say a lot.

If he didn't like pressure or expectations, he wouldn't be coaching the Celtics. They're one of the most prestigious organizations in pro sports. Look how many Celtics fans wanted him to leave last month. Finishing fourth or fifth in the East and maybe winning a playoff series is a failure to them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If he didn't like pressure or expectations, he wouldn't be coaching the Celtics. They're one of the most prestigious organizations in pro sports. Look how many Celtics fans wanted him to leave last month. Finishing fourth or fifth in the East and maybe winning a playoff series is a failure to them. 

Will Brad be a lifetime Celtic?

4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Just like a kid who transfers I could care less about him, what we offered, what he could of done and how he does in the future. In my opinion the door has been shut, licked and the key has been thrown away. 

Adios!

With this Corona thing, we probably shouldn't do a lot of door licking, but other than that I agree...:coffee:

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Even if it is not a Scheyer, their next Coach in 3-5 years will be from the Duke Family, in my opinion

Completely agree, and I think that becomes even more of a lock if you see Woodson having success at IU and Davis at UNC, added to Howard at Michigan. This will become the new trend. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

It has nothing to do with "balls". He left a great situation at Butler to take over one of the most iconic franchises in sports, in one of the most intense sports media markets, at a time when they were supposed to be in full rebuild mode. 

He ultimately decided the NBA is where he wants to be. 

Homer

• Haha 2

On 4/17/2021 at 11:38 PM, mrflynn03 said:

The more I think about it I think we dodged a bullet with Stevens.  He isnt worth $70 million.  He took over an already successful mid major program and happened to have some players play above their potential. If he really cared about IU bball no way he turns that offer down. And if you compare BS and Woodys NBA record, only a 10% difference in wins, BS did it with a historically great franchise, and Woody did it with bottom feeders. 

Woody played here, and spent 40 yrs in the NBA and came back and took this job for less than some masshole was offered because he loves IU. With the developments that have happened with coaching staff and AD and new President its difficult to contain my excitement.😬

On 2/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, cybergates said:

Everyone automatically assumes BS would be "the savior" and kill it at IU, but I'm not so sure (I'm more sure that I'll be ridiculed for this blasphemous notion). He only coached for 6 years at Butler and it was 8 years ago now. He took over a program that had 2 years of success under the previous coach that left for a bigger job. He coached in a mid-major conference. He had a future NBA All-Star on the team he took to a bank-shot away from a title. His 2nd NCAA champ game run was more impressive since GH was gone, but on the opposite side of the coin they are a ball bounce/call the other way from losing to Pitt in Rd2 (remember this crazy ending?

) and Florida in the E8 (went to OT), not to mention they got #11 seed VCU in the FF. 

He doesn't have experience in building a program at a Power5 school, is allegedly not fond of recruiting, and might be restricted by admin if rumors are true.

This isn't a pro-Miller or anti-Stevens post. Just food for thought.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, cybergates said:

To add BS's kenpom #'s aren't much better than AM's. (His W-L are much better and that's the only thing that really matters in the end to me). Top is BS vs. AM last 6 (4IU/2Dayton). Bottom is BS vs. AM (all 6 Dayton).

image.png.dbe478ee3bdc14da5519e6e73a7b8b8f.png

I agree with you.

I said it back in Feb, that he wasn't guaranteed to be great if we got him for several reasons. He might have been great or he might have failed. We'll never know now, but we seem to be in good maybe great hands with another former NBA Coach who truly loves IU and took his dream job instead of turning it down.

• Like 4