It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will post what I did on Btown Banners and I might have here already but going back and forth I am not smart enough to remember. I am very very confident that  Dolson has his man.  The person that informed me that CAM would be fired late Sunday or Monday, also told me it had already happened but would not be announced until them but did not want that part out until after it happened, told me that SD has his man and its only a matter of time and soon we would all know. On Wednesday he sent me another message with all smiley emojis and I responded with does that mean BS and I got a smiley face back.Have not heard anything from him but what he and a couple others are saying line up with what @IUwins0708 and Chris007 are saying as well and its either all a load of crap coming from the same source or there is more to it. I believe there is more to it. Would I take it to the bank, no but I feel pretty good where we are. Initially when I received some info I was thinking Beilein or Matta just because the others are in the NCAA tourney but I was told directly by several they are not in consideration. 

Usually I am a skeptic, but some of the things outside of the Indiana side are what have me thinking that this is all on the up and up.  The biggest one being that the national guys have zip, zero, nada on any other candidates.  They have, "Indiana should pick an Indiana guy" and there were several "It should be Beard or Drew" articles before things got started, but since then it has been a desert of info from them.  To me that is far from the norm because the college guys who get contacted have a way of letting that leak.  Even not getting picked, just having your name attached to a job like Indiana from an interest standpoint can help you with a raise...but there has been nothing.  And on the NBA side, there were some questions, they got an answer they were predisposed to believe was true "No way an NBA guy is to a college, especially a has been like Indiana..." so they have lost interest.

As someone pointed out last night, this has been like Harbaugh to Michigan.  The only people taking that seriously were Michigan people listening to connected folks (like you, 0708, Chris007, etc.) who were saying, "He is the only target and we are getting him."

With the local media starting to kind of say, "hey, this has legs" it just feels like so much more smoke than the Donovan thing.  Stevens may end up not at Indiana, but I firmly believe that up to this point he has been candidate 1-100 for Dolson.  There is no one else we are trying to get unless and until Brad says yes or no.

Edited by IUCrazy2

Just now, btownqb said:

Same guy that told me about Romeo, Lander, and Brunk told me this was a done deal.  

Just a matter of time. Over the years I have turned into a guy that expects the bad to happen for IU basketball so I have tried to temper my expectations but I just can't. I never bought into the BD to IU stuff but too much smoke on this one. Timing seems to be ideal for it to finally happen. 

• Like 7

Just now, MrsStoller said:

Completely off topic, but every time I see your name, I think Btown bbq 😂. And then I have to say no, wrong order, and then I just am hungry for bbq.

Carry on! 

Username I've had for video games since the beginning of time.. so I used it on the the old scout site, so I kept it. Now that I coach football.. I'm the QB coach lol 🤷‍♂️

Speaking off BBQ.. theres a place in Bloomington on side road that has excellent bbq. Connected to a gas station.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Usually I am a skeptic, but some of the things outside of the Indiana side are what have me thinking that this is all on the up and up.  The biggest one being that the national guys have zip, zero, nada on any other candidates.  They have, "Indiana should pick an Indiana guy" and there were several "It should be Beard or Drew" articles before things got started, but since then it has been a desert of info from them.  To me that is iut if the norm because the college guys who get contacted have a way of letting that leak.  Even not getting picked, just having your name attached to a job like Indiana from an interest standpoint can help you with a raise...but there has been nothing.  And on the NBA side, there were some questions, they got an answer they were predisposed to believe was true "No way an NBA guy is to a college, especially a has been like Indiana..." so they have lost interest.

As someone pointed out last night, this has been like Harbaugh to Michigan.  The only people taking that seriously were Michigan people listening to connected folks (like you, 0708, Chris007, etc.) who were saying, "He is the only target and we are getting him."

With the local media starting to kind of say, "hey, this has legs" it just feels like so much more smoke than the Donovan thing.  Stevens may end up not at Indiana, but I firmly believe that up to this point he has been candidate 1-100 for Dolson.  There is no one else we are trying to get unless and until Brad says yes or no.

I agree with all of that. Another point is that if there was nothing to it a very firm statement from Stevens or the Celtics would have happened. Brads people would slow this down unless there is a little more than just a passing interest. From all that I am hearing, not all are reliable , if it does not happen its because of the Celtics exit plan. 

Count me in as one who believed the Donovan stuff hook, line, and sinker. I legitimately thought he was being named our next coach...so I was a bit underwhelmed by Archie. But I did think he would be light years better than he was...as did most folks. I hate getting my hopes up with this Stevens thing....but I can't help it! STEVENS OR BUST

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Username I've had for video games since the beginning of time.. so I used it on the the old scout site, so I kept it. Now that I coach football.. I'm the QB coach lol 🤷‍♂️

Speaking off BBQ.. theres a place in Bloomington on side road that has excellent bbq. Connected to a gas station.  

That's great. :)  Where is this BBQ place??  I think we'd like to try that!

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If there is not an announcement on Friday or Saturday, does that curb anyone's enthusiasm that it might be Stevens.  

I am staying absolutely even keel on this one.  So, I do not have enthusiasm for Brad, but for a new beginning.  If that is with Brad, then all the better.  If not, I do not want the feeling of wanting to jump off a bridge because I allowed myself to believe.  All I know either way, it is a new day, a new coach, and my interest will be high again, because it was at an all time low this past season.

• Like 2