It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

I've said it before, but if Scott Dolson is able to bring Brad Stevens to IU he will be immortalized.

Maybe the stars are aligning for IU. Dolson might be a great AD, Brad Stevens to coach men's Basketball, Coach Allen in football, Mercer in baseball, Moren in women's basketball, and Yeagley in Soccer.

Right now very optimistic about the future of many of IU sports and if this men's basketball coach search is any indication, Dolson will be the right guy to head the athletic department for the next two decades.

GO HOOSIERS!!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That is the one guy on our lists where I am "meh".  Don't get me wrong, great coach...but it took him awhile to get things rolling at Michigan and at 68, time is not on his side.  He left Michigan because he did not like recruiting.  He is a 5 or 6 year plug at best and then we are having to do this all over again.  I'll be supportive if he is the guy, but that pick would worry me.

They went to the tournament in his 2nd year at Michigan.

Expecting any coach, Brad Stevens included, to come in and do what Beilein did at Michigan is pretty lofty expectations.

44 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We have to come up with something other than CBS for Brad.  That's going to get confusing with the network.  I mean Brad is just one more letter. 

Ya, i realized that as i was typing but its still too early for me to do much critical thinking. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Yep!  And as confident and as excited a little part of all of us is scared that a Lucy is gonna yank that football right out from under us again.  Please not this time!!!

Goin back to the Pinstripe Bowl, we've had some pretty big let downs with our kicking game. Is this really the meme we want to hang our hats on right now!?🤣

• Haha 1

I would be over the top thrilled if it’s Stevens, but am not buying in yet.

It’s not that I don’t trust @IUwins0708 and the other insiders, it’s just protection mode, b/c I don’t want to be disappointed with some horrible hire like Alford. 

I did read this entire thread with a growing smile and a sense of hope though. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ephul said:

They went to the tournament in his 2nd year at Michigan.

Expecting any coach, Brad Stevens included, to come in and do what Beilein did at Michigan is pretty lofty expectations.

He was up and down years 1 through 4.  He is a great coach, I said that up front.  However he is a great coach who is 68 years old.  At that age you need him to pay off immediately.  Like you said, that is a hard thing to do.  And recruiting after the first year or two will get tougher.  He is going to be viewed as having 1 foot out the door on day 1, fair or not.

Like I said, I would support the guy but I think that is a really risky hire.  It could pay off or it could be a disaster.

7 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I would be over the top thrilled if it’s Stevens, but am not buying in yet.

It’s not that I don’t trust @IUwins0708 and the other insiders, it’s just protection mode, b/c I don’t want to be disappointed with some horrible hire like Alford. 

I did read this entire thread with a growing smile and a sense of hope though. 

This x1000000

I absolutely believe everything the insiders are saying.  And I know we're not talking teenagers here but it goes back to Mile's Jared Jeffries analogy.  Anything could always change last minute.  Heck as a Colts fan sometimes after it's announced it still changes (at least that time it was for the better).  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really, really excited but until Stevens officially says yes...I'm still in cautious world. IU Hoops has beaten my spirit into the ground these last 2 decades.

I cant remember who brought it up, but watch us actually get some hot shot coach from Slovocia or Sarcovia or some other "ia" named Srad Btevens. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beilein was my favorite college coach for a 12-15 year stretch.  But. 68 years old is 68 years old.  This isn't Iona, where the masses will be happy just to get into the tournament if you hire 68 year old Rick Pitino.  This is Indiana where we're worried about not only how the program looks today, but what it will look like 10 years from now.

• Like 1