It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm leaving for the "Happiest Place on Earth" tomorrow, Disney World. If there isn't an announcement made today, I'll be checking this thread like every 5 minutes.....

We love Disney.  Last went over Thanksgiving in 2018.  We had long-term planned to go back this year, but will wait at least one more until things get a little more back to normal in the world.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

We love Disney.  Last went over Thanksgiving in 2018.  We had long-term planned to go back this year, but will wait at least one more until things get a little more back to normal in the world.

One good thing about visiting now, is the parks are still at 35%  capacity. Hoping the wait times in lines aren't too bad.....

• Like 1

I lurk other places but post only here. I’m brand loyal by personality. 😂 

Anyhoo it seems like many keep pushing this notion that “if it’s not announced today or not this weekend it was never true,” or “then we never pursued him,” or whatever.

that Chris insider guy said his source says “it’s done” on the IU side on that they were told what it would take to get him and they offered that. 7 for 49 is the numbers that are floating.

BUT that NOW it’s his to decide on what to do. Well if that’s the case it could be hours or days...maybe more than a week. And IF it ends up not being him, that doesn’t mean it was all “fake” or “made up by some Purdue fan to dupe us.” It could just end up that we did our part and he says no. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4

Baby #2 coming any time if not Tuesday next week for sure, I'll name him Brad in honor BS if he comes to IU......joking my wife would kill me.  I'll be away for a little while so here's to good news while I am laying low!

Go IU and come home Brad! 

P.S. Glad HSN is back!  

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 6

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

Baby #2 coming any time if not Tuesday next week for sure, I'll name him Brad in honor BS if he comes to IU......joking my wife would kill me.  I'll be away for a little while so here's to good news while I am laying low!

Go IU and come home Brad! 

You could compromise and use it as a middle name!  My wife and I really had to work through names each time lol.  Best wishes on your new baby! 

• Like 1

The only downside to BS coming back to Indiana at IU is that things will be very confusing in schools in 5-10 years... when the teacher says the name "Brad" every student will look up! I guarantee you it would be the most common name in the state of Indiana for the next few years...

Come home Brad!

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Anyhoo it seems like many keep pushing this notion that “if it’s not announced today or not this weekend it was never true,” or “then we never pursued him,” or whatever.

that Chris insider guy said his source says “it’s done” on the IU side on that they were told what it would take to get him and they offered that. 7 for 49 is the numbers that are floating.

BUT that NOW it’s his to decide on what to do. Well if that’s the case it could be hours or days...maybe more than a week. And IF it ends up not being him, that doesn’t mean it was all “fake” or “made up by some Purdue fan to dupe us.” It could just end up that we did our part and he says no. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I posted that but I definitely did not say it was fake or make up. Just saying if we knew what it would take and we offered and he has had a week to answer probably not happening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

The only downside to BS coming back to Indiana at IU is that things will be very confusing in schools in 5-10 years... when the teacher says the name "Brad" every student will look up! I guarantee you it would be the most common name in the state of Indiana for the next few years...

Come home Brad!

Yeah.. but it'll be spelled: Bratley, Braetly, Bra-dley, B-radley, Brahdlee, Bradlea. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Yes.  I've been a bit perplexed by people saying they're surprised something hasn't leaked out.  Whoever is providing info to the various insiders is evidence that leaks are occurring on our side (apparently these sources are trusted by the insiders so they aren't just some newly-minted twitter accounts).  How accurate the info is is the question.

No matter how this works out, it'll be interesting to what if any details of the process ever come out - probably very few, expecially if Stevens doesn't accept the offer.

IUsleepingGiant on Reddit, one of their insiders, still believes CBS will be the next IU coach. He also said that IU is willing to let him to finish the season, if the Celtics say so. Unsure about to the announcement due to his source being a former player. 

Even though he is really new on Reddit, their main insider(IUBBInsider), Chris007 and 0708, did say his information did follow the lines of theirs 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

Because it's fun to dream.....I'm trying to paint a picture of what a program would look like under Stevens

Will he share the amount of influence Knight had in the 80s? Does he snap his fingers and get donors to fulfill his requests?

Will he recruit talent first and fit second or vice versa? 

Will he take advantage of transfers? To what degree?

Does he have the ability to quickly get "showtime" home and aways out of conference games?

What does a Brad Stevens offense and defense look like with out current roster? 

tenor (3).gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Because it's fun to dream.....I'm trying to paint a picture of what a program would look like under Stevens

Will he share the amount of influence Knight had in the 80s? Does he snap his fingers and get donors to fulfill his requests?

Will he recruit talent first and fit second or vice versa? 

Will he take advantage of transfers? To what degree?

Does he have the ability to quickly get "showtime" home and aways out of conference games?

What does a Brad Stevens offense and defense look like with out current roster? 

tenor (3).gif

For a second I thought that is what I would look like when they officially announce Stevens to IU...but then I realized Homer didn't have a beer in his hand.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1