It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

5 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

This is what drives me crazy.  The second paragraph does not support the bold statement in the first sentence.  

But, while Stevens is appreciative of the support that he has in his home state, he made it clear that he has no plans of leaving his current position with the Celtics. 

"It means a lot," Stevens said, via ESPN. "It means a lot. I know that ... listen, I've got a lot of friends back there. I've got a lot of people that are really important to me there. My dad's still there. That does mean a lot. I won't act like that doesn't. Like I said earlier today, it's flattering. But I also realize that I'm the coach of the Celtics and that's -- it's been an amazing opportunity, an amazing challenge every day for the last eight years and I'm extremely grateful for that."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I've been thinking the same thing.  At this point, whoever is hired will have to knock it out of the park in the press conference to lift up what will be a disappointed fanbase.

So....it might be a bad idea to wear our ‘Welcome Home Coach STEVENS!’ shirts to the presser?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

What strikes me as odd is the silence from Dolson and Stevens if there is absolutely no truth to all these rumors.  Dolson certainly would be out there saying something to squash all of this.  Think about the reaction if he announces that we hired Beilein. A potentially great hire, but there would be a collective moan from the fanbase.

i can't see him making an announcement that we are NOT pursuing Stevens.  why would he do that?  seems like a weird thing to announce.  

17 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i can't see him making an announcement that we are NOT pursuing Stevens.  why would he do that?  seems like a weird thing to announce.  

Yeah, I wouldn't have a press conference, but there are ways to keep the fan base from spiraling down this rabbit hole.