It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

40 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Dear HSN,

I am writing this as I sit on a bed in a padded room with no handle on the inside of my door. I have been given numerous pink and blue pills and had several shots administered while being held down by two guys in white uniforms. The withdrawal symptoms are getting better, and I am not shaking anymore. Thankfully, this site is back up, and I am getting my fix. Thank you Lord HSN, thank you. I can breathe again. I am able to function again. Maybe, they will let me out of here and I can go home tomorrow.

The lunatics are in my head...

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Thanks for all you mods do to make this place a reality. Be glad to donate if that would make your lives easier 

Steuby

Funny.... But well said....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The strange thing is, none of the national media is giving this any play at all...

Which both petrifies me (that it falls through) and excites me (nothing I'd like better than to see some of them scrapping an omelet off their faces)...

Wait...watching the Wichita St-Drake game, and a commercial for the NCAA had Kyle Hornsby in it!

That's a sign...

I hear you but PTI did have it as their second story yesterday.  They are as mainstream as it gets.  There was a feeling of plausibility there too.  

• Like 2

I've been trying to synch up the timeline since Archie was let go. Here's the thing about people with $ i.e. donors....they aren't just giving $10M (or offset difference when Archie coaches again) without being assured of the plan.

I'll be very happy with Beilein, Musselman, or Beard. Stevens to me is what Bama did after hiring Franchione, Shula, Dubose, Price,etc....it's a league only a few schools are afforded. Get this thing done please. The timeline and answers and whispers are as loud as Assembly will be again. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I will I think you and I were both wrong on Dolson.  He has balls.  Not just Fred's yes man as I thought. 

Agree with this.  I thought the same thing about Dolson, but the way he’s handled this thus far has been impressive.  Pulling the trigger on Archie, then going out and finding one donor to bankroll the buyout and another to bankroll the next coach is definitely ballsy.  Good to see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m right there with you.  I was incredibly impressed by his presser.  My feeling is he gets it.  

I just pray he has a backup plan if Brad won't come.  After what happened with BD and all the smoke on Stevens the fan base would be absolutely crushed if hired Fife or an ancient Beilein.  I hope Beard is a real possibility. 

• Like 2

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I hear you but PTI did have it as their second story yesterday.  They are as mainstream as it gets.  There was a feeling of plausibility there too.  

I saw that segment on PTI...but I'm so jacked I forgot what they said...😁

All of the major sports websites are pretty much ignoring it...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Interesting, thanks! Cautiously optimistic. What was said on Btown banners that everyone’s excited about?

If IUwins0708 could rejoin us and give us a recap, that would be excellent.  I'm not on the other board, only lurked.  It's hard to recap all of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

I just pray he has a backup plan if Brad won't come.  After what happened with BD and all the smoke on Stevens the fan base would be absolutely crushed if hired Fife or an ancient Beilein.  I hope Beard is a real possibility. 

I don’t want to say too much until everything materializes.  But, my sense is  Dolson is executing (at least trying) a lot of the things we’ve advocating for years and this sort of reinforces what is within the realm of possibility, although it takes a very tactical approach.  Dolson can be heroic and it’s an understatement after 20 years of self destructive thought processes.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MrsStoller said:

If IUwins0708 could rejoin us and give us a recap, that would be excellent.  I'm not on the other board, only lurked.  It's hard to recap all of it.  

Same. I haven't been on a board since the shutdown. Would love to know what the word is other than our own thoughts are!

I am hopeful in reserve. Whatever that means... but i will say that for as much smoke there has been, you would think there would have been someone to shut it down.... that hasnt happened yet. and until it does. my hope will grow. I have heard Saturday or Sunday public announcement. source of BTB says tomorrow... 

sad to say, but at this point with the last 3 days if it is anyone but BS ill be disappointed

disclaimer: i am not an insider, dont know an insider and i have never knew inside information. my information is from a 3rd party source. dont know reliability. i have confer with crhis007 and iuwins0708. my info is a little off of theirs but leads to the same ending. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

High level I would say lots of people with sources saying things are on track for us to land Stevens, but anything could still change.  Lots of hope mixed with a healthy dose of PTSD from the Billy Donovan situation from 4 years ago.  

I'm all in.  Let's bring home Brad!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Moronic. But some people have miserable lives, so tribalism suits them. 

I agree although to be fair, the large majority are good guys and I heard some positivity too.  

One funny thing.  I’d have the urge to “laugh” or “like” some messages but (doh!) I wasn’t a member.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

Just now, HoosierMama said:

High level I would say lots of people with sources saying things are on track for us to land Stevens, but anything could still change.  Lots of hope mixed with a healthy dose of PTSD from the Billy Donovan situation from 4 years ago.  

I'm all in.  Let's bring home Brad!

Well said! Myriad of details but what you said nails it succinctly.