It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's not like I'm against IU guys on the bench, to be honest I would love to see an IU coach start operating like Coach K with former players on the bench, but I think when a new coach comes in he has to prioritize assistants that he's comfortable with, then after developing a culture and winning identity over a period of years you can begin focusing on that. 

Obviously if Stevens does come, someone like Michael Lewis makes sense since they've coached together before. 

But this week I've literally seen posts on various boards like, "If we get Beilein do you think he'll hire Fife, Moye and Guyton as his staff?" 

I mean, has Moye ever coached at the collegiate level? I believe Guyton has some limited experience. But I highly doubt a new coach would bring in 3 former players that he didn't coach, with two of them barely having any experience, and that he's never coached with. 

Indeed, I'm agreeing with you.  In almost 50 years of IU basketball we've really only had 4 ex-players sitting on the bench.  Unless they bring a special talent to the staff, their previous affiliation is of little value.  I think it is much more sensible to give preferential treatment to ex-athletes or students in administrative openings.  JMO

• Like 2

so i don't really mean for this to some off as ugly as it will, but... this is how i'm thinking about the IU guy thing:  what is the thought on why it's important?  would the coach say, "Well, when Coach Knight was here..."  or "You guys need to play hard every day because the tradition at IU..."  how much does that really help?  now serious question - is there more than that that someone can explain to me?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Trying to get caught up...

Any new news to share? I thought we would have heard some more news since Wednesday night when the rumors really started. Anything new since then?? Any insiders share any new info??

not other than just rumors.  my thought is, if it is Beilein, Matta, Mack, or an IU guy, the announcement should be really soon. if it is Beard, Drew, or Musselman, not until their team is out.  Stevens?  who knows? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

not other than just rumors.  my thought is, if it is Beilein, Matta, Mack, or an IU guy, the announcement should be really soon. if it is Beard, Drew, or Musselman, not until their team is out.  Stevens?  who knows? 

That's kinda how I'm feeling. Really hope the Stevens rumors are legit or at least have some truth to him being interested.