It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

Just now, WokeHoosier said:

I would prefer someone that understands the IU culture.  Alford or Fife would be near the top of my wishlist.

Culture is winning and Alford doesn’t do that.  We know his ceiling.  Why can’t people just see he failed at two high major programs and at one where he had way more talent than he would have gotten at IU?

• Like 3

Just now, WokeHoosier said:

I would prefer someone that understands the IU culture.  Alford or Fife would be near the top of my wishlist.

No!  No!  No!  Why?  So they can say, "When I played here, Coach Knight...."  or what?  Why doesn't Beard, Musselman, or Beilein understand IU history/culture?  and they actually have been successful college coaches.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Would be surprise me at all if he ends up Duke or North Carolina down the road

He does that, and he'll be loathed by a lot of people in Indiana...

I hope Dolson sweetens the pot and goes back one more time...everyone has a price...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

My apologies peeps, I was honestly more confident on this than Sampson because it came from multiple reports.  I’m sick, seriously sick to my stomach. 

We all appreciate your info. Thank you for sharing what you know. So many had similar info. It sounds like shockwaves that he decided to stay in Boston. 
Onward...hopefully we get someone good that we can all unite under and support. 

32 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

My apologies peeps, I was honestly more confident on this than Sampson because it came from multiple reports.  I’m sick, seriously sick to my stomach. 

It is not your fault but I just wished it would have worked out.  I need to tell myself not to get to excited when I hear news.  If it is true that Boston gave him a huge raise then not much IU could do.  The bad thing is even if we get a very good coach at first it will be a let down after all of this.  I think if we can get one of these coaches we will be fine(Beard, Beilein, Matta, Drew).

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'll give whoever we hire a chance...

But as I said before, if we're in this position again in 4 years, it won't be seen as the coach's failure...

It'll be Dolson's failure...

If everything we heard is true how is this on Dolson for Stevens turning us down.

6 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Culture is winning and Alford doesn’t do that.  We know his ceiling.  Why can’t people just see he failed at two high major programs and at one where he had way more talent than he would have gotten at IU?

Any coach other than Stevens will have some blemishes, perhaps the best approach would be to wait until March Madness is over and see if a new candidate has emerged, might be that someone we've not even considered ends up being the best choice. 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

If everything we heard is true how is this on Dolson for Stevens turning us down.

My "only" complaint on Dolson is IF I was the booster ponying up 10mm for the buyout on the assurance we were getting Stevens.   Now IF that isn't the case, then no one can be upset for taking a shot and getting rejected.  IF I was that booster, I would have wanted a signed contract prior to cutting that 10mm check.

• Like 2