It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

I honestly think this was a case where people believed that the offer was going to be such that there was no way he would turn us down.  $8 million a year and years of job security when you make half that now and are on a warm, if not hot, seat.  98% of the time you get your man.  Unfortunately, Brad Stevens falls into the other 2%. 

In summary, the IU people close to the situation saw no way he would turn us down, and that's how the 'done deal' stuff gout out.  At least it appears a legit effort was made.

I honestly don't think we get Beard.  Drew, I think we could, but not sure that would be my first option.  Honestly, Musselman might be the one that gives you the best return on investment.  He would be cheaper than the other two and likely can win just as much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

r 2%. 

In summary, the IU people close to the situation saw no way he would turn us down, and that's how the 'done deal' stuff gout out.  At least it appears a legit effort was made.

I think the done deal stuff came from the “belief” Mrs Stevens wanted to be back in Indiana.  That doesn’t appear to be the case.  The money rumored to be offered is similar to his new rumored raise. 

Bad news: We didn't get our unanimous #1 choice.

Good news: It sound like Dolson threw the kitchen sink at him and didn't just lock in on a mid-major and forego the grand slam possibilities.  Also I can hate Boston and their basketball team even more than I did before.  Finally, we got rid of the worst achieving basketball coach at IU in my lifetime.

With the apparent effort put into trying to get Stevens, I'm hopeful there are backup plans that are going to net us a good coach.

P.S.: Some were jokingly referring to Stevens as CBFS - is he now referred to as CBMFS? 😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly think this was a case where people believed that the offer was going to be such that there was no way he would turn us down.  $8 million a year and years of job security when you make half that now and are on a warm, if not hot, seat.  98% of the time you get your man.  Unfortunately, Brad Stevens falls into the other 2%. 

I honestly don't think we get Beard.  Drew, I think we could, but not sure that would be my first option.  Honestly, Musselman might be the one that gives you the best return on investment.  He would be cheaper than the other two and likely can win just as much.

Boston matched. Money is why BS is still in Boston.

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Kelvin Sampson was the worst coach in IU history, hands down.

Dude, when does the piling on stop?

Hilarious.  The best IU coach this century is coaching a 2 seed right now, and the worst coach in IU history is headed back to a midmajor with $10M in his back pocket.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Beilien is 68. Pass. 

Matta.. no. 

Beard and Drew I'd take for sure. But I think Mack is the best coach of the group. 

That's it though.  Mack is the 'safe' pick, but not the 'winning' pick.  I think Musselman provides the highest ceiling, and Matta would be an intriguing experiment that could pay off big or blow up in our face.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Beilien is 68. Pass. 

Matta.. no. 

Beard and Drew I'd take for sure. But I think Mack is the best coach of the group. 

Mack is not leaving Louisville.  His wife’s hometown, his dream job and his contract extends and rises if sanctions.  Move on 

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Hilarious.  The best IU coach this century is coaching a 2 seed right now, and the worst coach in IU history is headed back to a midmajor with $10M in his back pocket.

Guess it depends on how you define “best” and “worst”.

If you mean running the program into the ground by recruiting low character kids, then allowing them to act with no restrictions or consequences, then yep, he’s the worst. 

IU had not had a tarnish on their reputation since before RMK. Sampson changed that.

Hilarious

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

That's it though.  Mack is the 'safe' pick, but not the 'winning' pick.  I think Musselman provides the highest ceiling, and Matta would be an intriguing experiment that could pay off big or blow up in our face.  

I disagree. I don't think there's that much difference between Mack and Stevens. Honestly I don't. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1