NCAA Tournament!

3 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

MSU losing means Fife is done for the season. He has to be on the list of possible options.

The question now is how long can you wait for your top pick? Stevens has Boston in playoff contention. IU cant wait that long. It's also not good if this drags on or ends up with multiple rejections. 

Here is the news from tonight on Stevens from our glorious insider, 0708 and Chris007 (Main insider from BTown). They believe that Stevens will be the next HC at IU according to their sources. They have been legit so far and soooooo grateful for their info, however, I do remain skeptical since I’m that type of person. 

13 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

MSU losing means Fife is done for the season. He has to be on the list of possible options.

The question now is how long can you wait for your top pick? Stevens has Boston in playoff contention. IU cant wait that long. It's also not good if this drags on or ends up with multiple rejections. 

I think Stevens has too much class to do that to IU, or the Celtics for that matter.  But, if he stalled us until June and then said 'No Thanks', then that's where someone like Beilein comes in.  

Honestly, though, if we don't hear something definitive on Stevens by noon Saturday, I'm inclined to think it's not him.  I think Dolson has someone lined up though.  If not Stevens, I'm leaning towards it being Beard, and then we would have to wait until Texas Tech is knocked out.   

Edited by 5fouls

8 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

I don't understand the fear of waiting till June for Stevens.  It would be the worst kept secret in the entire universe by then.  That's why the Celtics are going to work something out to allow him to walk early.  The Celtics getting beat from tip to buzzer by the Cavs 2 nights ago may have been a foreshadowing to the rumors.  They can't allow a lame duck to coach out the season.  It would be a disaster.

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't understand the fear of waiting till June for Stevens.  It would be the worst kept secret in the entire universe by then.  That's why the Celtics are going to work something out to allow him to walk early.  The Celtics getting beat from tip to buzzer by the Cavs 2 nights ago may have been a foreshadowing to the rumors.  They can't allow a lame duck to coach out the season.  It would be a disaster.

By waiting until June my concerns would be....

* What coaching options will be willing to make a move at that point? Seems like all the eggs would be in the B Stevens basket. That's a gamble.

* How many current players are willing to wait until June or later to find out who their new coach will be? You're asking kids and their parents to wait 2 - 3 months or more for something that directly impacts their future.

* If there is a large exodus of players, and if strength/conditioning starts in September again because of Covid, what kind of players will they be able to add in a relatively small window of time? Even with an unprecedented number of transfers in the portal it's hard to see anyone worth adding being available months from now.

My point is, there has to be a time frame in play. Struggling to see it being June or later. 

Edited by Euroclydon

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

By waiting until June my concerns would be....

* What coaching options will be willing to make a move at that point? Seems like all the eggs would be in the B Stevens basket. That's a gamble.

* How many current players are willing to wait until June or later to find out who their new coach will be? You're asking kids and their parents to wait 2 - 3 months or more for something that directly impacts their future.

* If there is a large exodus of players, and if strength/conditioning starts in September again because of Covid, what kind of players will they be able to add in a relatively small window of time? Even with an unprecedented number of transfers in the portal it's hard to see anyone worth adding being available months from now.

My point is, there has to be a time frame in play. Struggling to see it being June or later. 

IF it's not Stevens we will know in the next 3 weeks.  This won't drag out beyond the end of NCAA if it's not him.  He will tell us soon enough.

IF it is Stevens and he somehow manages to stay at Boston through the playoffs, while telling IU, I'm coming, just wait, I promise.  Well this is literally open market free agency one time transfer.  I have zero concerns with recruiting or building a roster.  It will also be the worst kept secret and I see no scenario in which that happens.  How would Ainge survive his job when they WILL NOT win a championship and they keep him anyways?  There is just no way we don't find out soon enough.  Until IUwins0708 and Chris007 and Yeagley say we are out, we are not and recruiting and roster will take care of themselves.